25 Adapting and Dates

"Hey, you alright?" Danny asked as he hugged me. We had just made it to our temporary home and he was coddling me like an injured puppy.

"I'm fine, stop worrying!" I laughed as I set my suitcase down in his room. Josh was settling into Charlie's old room and Danny's parents were cooking for us. They knew all about our issue, and they were fine with having two more mouths to cater for. I still felt guilty and intrusive though, no matter how many times I was reassured that it wasn't a problem and that we were welcome any time.

"Sorry, it's just that I worry about you! Why don't we do something to take your mind off of what's happened?" He suggested as he made his way over to me and placed his hands on my waist. I looked up at his smirking face and returned the smile, placing my hands around his neck.

"Mmm, what did you have in mind?" I asked in a whisper. He leaned down towards me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Netflix and chill?" He suggested when our noses touched. I leaned so our lips were barely touching and brought my hands down from around his neck to his shoulders.

"No." I whispered as I pushed his chest and flopped backwards into the bed, laughing at his stunned face.

"No?"

"No. We can netflix and chill, just not in that order." I grinned at him as he glared back at me playfully.

"Fine." He huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest like a pouty child. "You can choose, I'll be back in a minute." I sat up from the bed and rummaged through my suitcase for the perfect boxset. I placed the first film in the tv and waited for Danny to return. "I have returned, my love, and I come bearing food." I perked up and rammed my hand into the bowl of toffee popcorn. "Harry Potter?"

"Uh, yeah. It's a classic. Also I haven't watched it in a few weeks. I need to watch them all all over again." I smiled as I pecked his cheek. Well, I tried, but he turned his head so I caught his lips. My eyes widened in surprise when he immediately tried deepening the kiss, but they closed again once I relaxed into his touch. One hand held my waist whilst his other was on the side side of my face. I placed a gentle hand on his chest and my other snaked over his arm and around his shoulder to his neck where I pulled him in ever so slightly as I fingered the little curls of hair at the nape of his neck. He pulled back slightly to regain his breath.

"I wanna take you out. Tomorrow."

"Like a date?"

"Yeah, so tomorrow, do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked kinda nervously. I bit my lip gently and nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, I'll go on a date with you." He grinned down at me and pecked my lips gently before turning to the TV that had been playing the start of the movie.

---

"Where are we going?" I asked a smirking Danny the next morning as I was rummaging through my suitcase for something to wear.

"Out."

"No shit. Where though?" I laughed as I picked out my clothes for the day and set them on the bed.

"Well, I thought it would be nice to surprise you." He grinned from the doorway of the room. He was on his phone and was smiling about whatever was on the screen. I squinted my eyes slightly before finally sighing and getting ready for the day.

"I hate surprises." I grumbled as I changed in the bathroom. "Okay, at least tell me if what I'm wearing is alright." I said as I stepped back into the bedroom. Danny glanced up from his phone to see me in my black skater dress and black combat boots. My hair was down naturally wavy from plaits the night before and my make-up was done to a minimum; light mascara and my usual red tinted lips.