16 The Beginning Of The Prank War

My brothers picked me up as usual and the car ride was silent. No-one spoke a word, because we knew that it was the day the prank war began. Call it a tradition of some kind. We arrived at home and each of us made our way to our designated bedrooms. The pranks wouldn't have started yet, so it gave me time to prepare them correctly. I shut my bedroom door and dove under my bed, searching for the things I'd need to pull off the pranks. I pulled out the air freshener and the keyboard I had managed to discretely steal from Josh's room. I tied a rubber band around the air freshener, but not tight enough so that it would go off on me and pulled up some of the keys on Josh's keyboard, switching them all around. I grinned down at my masterpieces and placed them back down under my bed. Next, I picked up the tube of prawn cocktail Pringles and sat there, licking the flavour off, one by one before placing them all back into the tube so they could dry out to look unsuspecting. I took them downstairs silently. As I placed them into the twins cupboard in the kitchen, I picked up the Jam donuts from Nick's cupboard, and the custard donuts from James's cupboard before picking up the hot sauce and the mayonnaise and carrying them all carefully up the stairs. I managed to get into my room without anyone seeing me. I barricaded my door with my chest of drawers and got to work. I only switched a few donuts out of the 10 pack to make it look less obvious. I smiled at my creations and took the four items back downstairs to put back in their original homes. James door was now open, and he was inside his room listening to music on his laptop. I grinned to myself and threw open my door only to be met with the loudest honking sound I had ever heard. I shouted in shock and quickly shut my bedroom door to find an air horn taped to my bedroom wall behind my door. I heard James laughing to himself in the room opposite mine. I grinned to myself and picked up the air freshener and placed the air horn under my bed. I'd use it later. I quietly opened my door and waited just outside of James's room. I counted to three in my head and took in a deep breath before tying the band around tighter and throwing it into the room opposite mine, slamming the door shut in the process and holding it tight so he wouldn't be able to get out.

"Payback bitch!" I laughed when I heard him coughing and exclaiming loudly as he wrecked his room hurrying around trying to open windows. I let go of his door and ran back into mine, only to be met with a barrier across the entirety of my door. "Shit!" I exclaimed as I fell into my room and landed on my floor with a thud. I heard laughing coming from the twins room and groaned as I picked myself and unwrapped the clingfilm that had acted as a barrier across my bedroom door. I slammed my bedroom door and flopped onto my bed. I could wait to do the other pranks. I picked up my phone and texted Zara to come over and help me with a few pranks. She agreed and was sitting in my room a few minutes later.

"So what have you done so far?" I grinned evilly.

"I've put mayonnaise in James' custard donuts, hot sauce in Nick's jam donuts, licked the flavour off of Leo and Liam's pringles and I've thrown an air freshener in James's bedroom with a band wrapped around it so it constantly sprays." I laughed and pulled out Josh's keyboard from under my bed. He wouldn't notice it was missing yet, so I was fine with it. "I also did this." I passed it over to Zara who looked at it strangely for a minute before she realised what I had done.

"Oh that's so subtle and evil! I love it." Zara laughed with me as I hid the keyboard back under my bed and flopped onto my comfy mattress next to her. "Oh, did you hear about the party that's happening on Friday?" I shook my head as I pulled out my phone. "Oh, well Amber is hosting a party on Friday at her house. Eight until anytime Saturday. Are you gonna go?"

"Not likely. I hate parties, especially after Luke's party a few months ago." I shuddered at the memory. "Never again."

"Well then you can be our designated driver." I looked at her like she was mad.