8 Special People

Danny and I sat on the swings in the park in a comfortable silence, gently swinging back and forth on them as the wind blew by.

"Do you think we could become close friends? Like, more than we already are."

"I thought we were already pretty good friends, and it's nice to have someone else to talk to once in a while, so I don't see why not." I answered with a shrug as I turned to look at him. He looked over to me and gave me a breath-taking smile that I couldn't help but return. The temperature suddenly dropped dramatically. I looked up and pulled my arms around me. Dark grey clouds filled the sky and the first drop of rain fell. Soon enough Danny and I were caught in a complete downpour.

"Lia! Quick, follow me!" Danny yelled over the rain. We ran together and jumped the railings around the park again. He grabbed my hand as soon as we touched the ground again and pulled me along the rapidly emptying streets.

We soon arrived at a building and he pushed the door open before pulling me inside. We were both panting heavily and soaking wet as we leaned against the white wall. Danny looked over at me with his wet hair hanging in his eyes. We both began laughing at each others appearances and soon enough we were rolling around on the floor. Our laughing slowly subsided after we both swept our hair out of our faces and sorted out our wet clothes.

"So where are we?" I asked once I regained my breath.

"My house. Parents aren't here, brothers coming home in a few days." He explained briefly. I nodded and looked around a little more. It was a really cute place. We had walked into a small cubby looking area with coat racks and a shoe rack with barely any shoes on. The walls were white and bare. There was a doorway then that led into a hallway with an attached living area. The room contained the bare minimum and also had white walls. There were a few frames dotted about the room though. I continued walking with Danny following behind me. I found my way into a plain white kitchen, just like the rest of the house that I had actually visited.

"This place looks like a show home. It doesn't look lived in or homely." I commented without thinking. I held a blank face as I awaited a reply, but on the inside I was freaking out because as soon as the words left my mouth I wanted to swallow them again because of how rude I sounded.

"I know, but it isn't really lived in if I'm honest. The only room that is used all the time is my room. My family are never here to do anything to the house and I don't see the point if I'm the only one here." I nodded in understanding and let out a small breath of relief. I found a white bathroom down a different hallway and four doors that looked to be bedrooms. I slowly opened each one to see colour once again. It wasn't much but it wasn't white anymore. It was obviously his parents room. There was a white double bed in the centre of the room which had beige covers which matched two walls in the room and the few pieces of dark brown furniture. I noticed the lack of picture frames in the room and left the room. I looked in the room opposite to see a white-walled room with a double bed with navy covers as well as a light blue carpet. There were light brown almost white pieces of furniture in this room.

"Your brothers room?" I asked turning to see Danny watching me.

"How do you know it's not mine?" He replied with a tilt of his head and a small smirk. I smirked back.

"Well, for starters, you aren't in there and second, it's too bare to be yours." I stated in a matter-of-fact tone. He nodded in approval at my slight deduction skills.

"Yes this is my brother Charlie's room." I nodded at his brothers name and closed the door, walking to the room next to their parents room. It held two desks with chairs, a computer on each desk and a small bookcase between the two. "My parents study when they are actually here. This is where they do their research on different law cases. Forgot to mention that they were both lawyers and they travel the world for their cases because apparently London didn't have enough criminals..." Danny muttered behind me, trailing off at the end. I nodded in understanding because my parents also travelled the world as wealthy business partners because apparently there weren't enough business opportunities in London these days. I closed the door again and walked to the door opposite. "I warn you now, it is most likely a mess." Danny said before opening the door for me.

"Holy shit your room is awesome!" I exclaimed as I walked into the room and sat on his king-size bed with red covers. The walls were a light shade of green, the carpet was a sharp champagne colour and his furniture that was originally white had splats of multi-coloured paint on them. There was a desk piled with school books and a laptop in one corner of his room, another corner held a wall-mounted television with two consoled hooked up to it and a black three-seated sofa in front of it. Colour was everywhere and it gave off a nice vibe. I glanced at his desk before launching myself on his sofa and saw three photo frames. One was him and Charlie, the other of his parent's wedding. The last frame was empty. "Why do you have an empty frame there?" I asked him as he sat where my feet once were. He placed my feet back on his lap and answered without much hesitation.

"The two frames that have pictures in are pictures of important people in my life. Granted I may never see them, but they are family, and therefore special." He answered. I took that information in.

"So you are waiting for someone special to come into your life so you can frame them?" I asked putting the information to good use. He nodded with a wide smile. I smiled back at his happiness and didn't notice when he pulled his phone out and laid down next to me.

"They already have." He whispered as he kissed my cheek and took the picture of us.