9 Almost Caught and Plans to Meet

(A/N: pretend they're lying on a sofa)

I smiled widely and turned to look at him.

"I'm that special person?" I asked incredulously, and hopeful. He grinned back and admired the picture of us. I pulled his phone down gently and looked at the picture it was actually really good and cute. I was surprised at how good it turned out considering the fact that it was unexpected.

"If you want to be." He answered after sending the picture to his laptop so he could print it later.

"Depends, are you asking me to be?" I replied without looking up at him. He entwined our hands and lifted my head gently with his other hand.

"Lia Thompson, will you be my special person?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eye. I nodded and kissed his cheek gently whispering a 'yes' in his ear just before I pulled away to look in his ice blue eyes. He held his hand on my cheek and slightly leaned forward. I leaned into his hand before repeating his actions. My head tilted to the side slightly and he closed the distance between us. This was my first kiss, and it felt great so far. Not like those you see in the movies or hear about in books where it gets heated all of a sudden, or that it's slow and magical with sparks flying everywhere. No, this was just a long lasting peck with a little bit of head movement which sent the butterflies in my stomach wild. It was like a weird clenching sensation, but it was nice. I slowly pulled away frim the kiss and looked Danny in the eyes with the biggest smile I could muster.

"Wanna know a secret?" I whispered to him. He raised his eyebrows in answer. I chuckled slightly. "That was my first kiss." His eyebrows shot up again as the smile on his face grew even more.

"Really?" I nodded slowly. "Same. How did you feel about it?" He asked with a slight hint of worry in his eyes.

"It was great, amazing even, in it's own sort of way." I answered honestly with a small smile playing on my lips.

"It was amazing for me too. You are a really good kisser too, considering that it was our first and it was literally just a peck." He tripped over his words a little as he was flustered. I laughed at that and leaned in for another kiss which he happily complied to. This one was definitely better. He had rolled us over so that we weren't squished onto the sofa side by side, but so I was laying down on it and he was holding himself up above me. I placed my hands on the side of his face before trailing them to his broad shoulders and finally into his soft brown hair. He pulled his lips from mine, only to kiss my jawline just below my ear and trailing little tiny kisses down my neck to my collar bone where he stayed a little longer because I pulled his hair slightly and moaned softly at the feeling of his lips against my skin. I pulled his face back up to mine and kissed his lips again, slightly pushing myself up from the sofa into a sitting position. I moved over slightly so I was only just sitting on his lap, aware of what this might do to him.

We both pulled away breathless when a ringtone cut through the silent air. I groaned and placed my forehead on his as I searched my back pocket for my phone. I looked at the I.D and saw Josh phoning me. I groaned again and answered the phone.

"What?" I asked slightly agitated as I sat down next to Danny and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and placed his head on top of mine, which caused more rain water to fall on me.

"Wow who pissed in your cereal? And why do you sound out of breath?"

"Shut up Josh. What do you want?" I asked playing with Danny's fingers that rested just above my knee, ignoring his question.

"Just checking up on you because it is raining very heavily out there. Where are you and why do you sound out of breath?" He asked again, more forcefully this time. I sighed.

"I'm at a café with a friend and I'm out of breath because I just ran through the rain to get in here to avoid getting drenched. I didn't succeed by the way." I muttered the last part as Danny chuckled causing my head to move with the vibration. He kissed my head which made me smile.

"Alright I'll send one of them out to get you then."

"NO! I mean, don't worry about it. I'll text Zara and stay with her. You guys don't need to come out and get me in this weather, plus they are home. Not a good mix." I quickly recovered. I heard a sigh on the other end.

"Fine, but if Zara says no then one of us will come out and get you." He stated finally. I grinned.

"Yep, cool, whatever. See you soon. BYE!" I yelled the bye as I heard more voices trying to come in to the conversation, most likely disagreeing with my decision. "You know what, I think that's the first time I've ever gotten away with something like that." I smiled up at Danny and kissed the tip of his nose before ringing Zara to get her to cover for me.

"Yo yo biatch. What's good?"

"Zara, what the hell?" I laughed at her greeting.

"I don't know dude. What's up?" She asked after a quick snort of laughter.

"Can you cover for me? You do owe me to be fair."

"Depends on why." She muttered. I knew she would say yes no matter what, but she always wants details to work with.

"Parents are home, I'm with a friend, Josh wanted to try and pick me up from a café that I'm not at and I said that I'd stay with you." I rattled off the reasons.

"Fair enough for the first part, who are you with that you need to hide from your tribe?"

"Uhh, a new friend?" I answered in a question.

"Nope."

"Well it isn't a lie..." I hesitated on telling her more. "A boy." I finally said, pulling my phone away from my ear in preparation for loud screaming and thousands of questions. I motioned a 3,2,1 with my fingers to Danny who was smiling at the whole of the two conversations and he began laughing hard with me when we heard it. "Okay shut the fuck up before I phone a mental hospital for you." I shouted over her screeching. Danny was still laughing loudly beside me. Zara took a few deep breaths before responding.

"Okay, okay. I'll cover for you if I get to meet him." She stated after a moment. I sighed but agreed.

"When do you have to meet him?" I asked as I looked over to a slightly paler Danny at the mention of meeting Zara.

"I trust you for tonight. Promise me you won't do something stupid and I'll meet up with you tomorrow and bring you home as part of the cover." She planned quickly. I agreed with her and we said our goodbye's. I hung up my phone and threw it backwards onto Danny's bed.

"Can I crash here tonight?" I asked him. He grinned down at me kissed my forehead muttering a yes.

"So, pizza then games or games then pizza?" He asked with a smile, standing up from the sofa, pulling me up with him and into his arms.

"PIZZA!" I exclaimed and ran into the kitchen, Danny hot on my heels.

---

Hello people! I'm not going to beat around the bush or sugar coat this; I know that people are reading this story, but I don't know if anyone is enjoying it or if all the reads are new or if they're constant readers, you know? So it would really help me if there were some votes coming in or comments telling me what you think, if there is anything I need to improve on, anything at all to reassure me that you aren't just numbers, but actual readers. It would mean a lot if I had some feedback here.

Anyways, thanks for reading, I hope you're enjoying it and come back next Monday for another update!

-Yourequestedmyface-