24 Housing Issues

"Lia, they're here!" Nick whisper-yelled frantically as he ran into my room gripping my hand.

"Whoa, slow down. Who's here?" I asked trying to get my hand away from my little brother.

"Mum and Dad! They're both here!" He exclaimed as he gripped my hand tighter.

"What? Why?" I asked in a panic, actually getting off of my bed and following Nick out of the door.

"I don't know, they just barged in through the front door." I ran down the stairs faster than Nick and saw all of my brothers and Avery in the living room, staring at my smirking parents.

"Ah, you're all here now. Good. Your mother and I have some very important news." Chris said with a gleeful grin on his face. No-one said anything so he continued. "We are evicting you all!" He said happily with a clap of his hands. I gawked at him, and I could be sure that everyone else looked the same.

"What? You can't do that to us!" Liam yelled. Chris laughed him off.

"Oh, but you see, we can do this. If we don't want you here, then you won't be here. We have no use for the house what with all of our travelling, and we could be so much better off selling the house, so that's what's happening." Mel said with a malicious undertone to her words.

"But what about us?"

"What about you?"

"What are we meant to do? Where are we meant to go?" Leo asked desperately.

"Don't know, don't care."

"How can you even say that you don't care about your own children? That your own flesh and blood doesn't even matter to you?" I asked angrily.

"Well it's only the truth." She shrugged. "You have one hour to pack your things and return your keys before we forcefully drag you out of the house." Chris said before taking Mel by the hand and walking out of the house. I looked back at my siblings to see them staring after my parents in shock.

"I can't believe that we are going to be homeless." Nick mumbled next to me.

"We won't be homeless as such. We all have somewhere to go, so we will be okay." James piped up.

"No, you and Avery have somewhere to go. The rest of us have to crash somewhere until this bloody housing issue is over." Josh groaned as he stomped up the stairs. I sighed and followed him. I heard Josh slam his bedroom door as I got to the top of the stairs and began walking across my landing to my own room. I shut my door and looked around my room, finding somewhere to start considering I only had an hour. James and Avery could help us I suppose considering they had a home, but I wanted to do this myself. I picked my phone up from my bed and quickly entered the group chat whilst rummaging under my bed for a bag or suitcase to pack things into.

Are you two together right now?

No, I'm at James and Charlies place, Why?

I'm at home. What's up?

Can you do me a favor babe and go to Zara's?

Sure, but why? What's going on?

Just please go and text me when you're there, I'll tell you after x

I left my phone back on the bed and ran to my wardrobe, packing a few changes of clothes, pyjamas, shoes, underwear and grabbing a coat. I also picked up my school uniform and school bag before I shoved them all in my suicase and left my bag and coat on the side. I took my phone charger from the wall and put that in my suitcase as well as my handbag which contained my purse. I grabbed all of my essentials and toiletries and chucked them in too. I took one last glance around my room before I ran over to my film and TV collection. I picked up my favourite ones and dropped them on top of my rapidly filling suitcase. I heard a ping from my phone and glanced down at it seeing that Danny was now at Zara's. I picked up my laptop from the floor and went on skype. I clicked on Zara's name and the ringtone rang around my room. I swiped my hand across my forehead ridding myself of the sheen of sweat that had covered it whilst Zara and Danny's face popped up side-by-side on the screen in front of me.