Thanks for the Memories

"Thanks for the memories, even if they weren't so great."

-x-

It's amazing how the days have seemed to pass by since my rude encounter with Katherine. Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow I'll be seeing my best friends again. I just want everything to go okay because if it doesn't I don't know if I'll be able to take it. Seeing Katherine really put me on edge and for a moment I thought I was going back to drinking but I held my ground. I'm still standing strong. I don't know how but I am.

It took me longer than it should have to get out of bed this morning. I was just feeling so low and exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open and my hands wouldn't stop trembling. My nerves were already getting the best of me and I still had one more day to get through. There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to stay home all day. I needed to just get out of the house and do something, anything.

I threw on a plain purple v neck and a pair of dark blue denim shorts. I pulled my long bangs back with a bobby pin and the rest of my hair up in a high pony tail. I didn't even bother to do my makeup. I just grabbed my sunglasses and left. 

I got in my car and just drove. I didn't have any kind of destination in mind. It's been a while since I've drove around town. It's not like much has changed but a lot of hard memories still lie in these streets.

Before I knew it I was pulling up to a house. The same house from that one Halloween night three years ago. 

I sighed, "I don't remember driving over here..." I whispered and took a look around. There were no cars in the driveway and there were also no lights on in the house. It looked almost vacant but there was a small pot of flowers on the front porch. For some reason I got out of the car and decided to walk around for a bit.

I walked over to the area where the stage was that night. I closed my eyes and in an instant I was right back to that party.

Flashback

Before the boys had gotten to the stage I saw Michael and Nikki talking in hushed voices. You could tell by the looks on their faces that it wasn't a pleasant conversation. Michael's fists were clenched and Nikki's face was turning red. I took a few steps closer to them to see if I could make out what they were saying.

"What were you thinking?" asked Nikki.

"Nothing happened Nikki. I told you."

"Then why did some random ass girl call me and tell me that you slept with her? Why would someone make that kind of thing up?" 

"I don't know Nikki. You've got to know that I would never do that to you." Nikki rubbed her eyes and looked at the floor.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." Nikki began walking away but Michael grabbed her arm. Nikki flinched and pulled her arm away, "Don't touch me."

"But-"

"Michael just leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"You need to know the truth Nicole!" He shouted after her but she was already gone and walking towards me.

I quickly turned away and began whistling. I am so smooth aren't I?

"I know you were listening to my conversation."

I looked up and continued whistling, "Oh...Nikki. I didn't even hear you come up."

"Drop the crap Skye and just stay out of my business." That was the first time I realized that her eyes were completely bloodshot.

"Have you been doing drugs?" I asked.

"No! I just have something in my eye." I could tell she was lying about something but I backed off. She made her way through a bunch of people and she was out of sight.