Chapter 30, Anthony's surprise.

--Well hello there. I'm updating this, because my birthday is on the 21st (tomorrow here in New Zealand) Think of it as an early update. Hope you enjoy. Love you xxx--

Anthony's Pov.

Jackie's sound asleep, while I'm holding Ariana. She's precious. She has a little bit of hair, and a little bit of a smile. I can't wait until she's older, then she can smile for real. She's peacefully sleeping. I put her in her little crib thing, the nurses gave Jackie. I grabbed my phone, and opened up Ian's contact. I stared at it for a little. I wanted Ian here. I wanted him to experience what I did. It was a rush, but it was perfect. Seeing Ariana, for the first time, was a beautiful moment, I almost cried. A few tears ran down, but I didn't full out bawl. I stood at the door of Jackie's room, looking in to see Jackie sleeping. She needs the sleep. I saw baby Ariana next to her, sleeping peacefully too. I couldn't help but keeping looking at my screen.

I was now out of Ian's contact, and on my home-screen. It was a picture of Ian and I, on our Beach trip. Ian was next to me, and I took a picture. Ian smiled on one of the pictures, and on my home-screen one, he was kissing my cheek. I miss Ian. I need to know where he is. I thought to myself. It's true. I want to know where Ian is, and if he's safe. I decided to call him, one more time. It rang for a little bit, until he answered. "Ian, I swear to god, if you hang up on me, I'll keep calling," I said, making sure he knew. "Ian. Where are you? I want to know where you are. Please tell me." I said. "I'm nowhere. You don't need to know. You don't care." "If I didn't care, why did I call?" I said. Ian was silent for a little. "You have Jackie. I've told you before. Just propose to Jackie like you were going too. I found the ring Anthony. I found it. It was in your drawers. I grabbed my things, and I came across it. Congratulations on the engagement. I hope you have a happy marriage." Ian said, sniffing. "Ian. It's not for Jackie." I said. "It's not?" "No dipshit. It was a gift from my mom. I was keeping it for someone special." I admitted. "Oh." "Where are you? I want you to meet Ariana." I said. "I'll come to you." "I love you." I said. "I love you too." Ian got in before the dial tone sounded.

I waited around for Ian. He was none to be seen. I tried his phone, no answer. I waited out in the corridor, for his smile, face and eyes. I miss him. I heard some ambulance sirens. Then I saw a stretcher come in. It was a familiar face. I watched as they wheeled the man, to a room. Then it hit me. That was Ian!

I ran towards the door, and tried to get in. "I'm sorry Sir. You can't get in." The man said. "BUT THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND IN THERE." I screamed, with tears pouring out of my eyes. "Is it? I'm so sorry sir." "I WANT TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND." I yelled. "How bad is he?" I sniffed out. "Rib, stomach and arm injuries. He was hit by an oncoming car. The oncoming car was a drunk driver. He died at the scene. But that man in there, he survived. He's actually lucky to be alive." The paramedic said. "Thank you." I said. "When can I see him?" "Right now." A nurse said. "He's awake."

I walked in, with tears pouring out of my eyes. "Ian!" I yelled, running over to him. I engulfed him with a hug. "Don't you ever do this to me again! You had me worried sick!" I said. "Anthony, it's okay. I'm okay." Ian said. I hugged him so much, you don't even understand. "Anthony. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving. I felt like I didn't need to be there." Ian said. "Ian, you dipshit. You have to be there. It's going to be your daughter too." "How so?" Ian asked. I smiled and pulled out a small box.

"Ian. The first time in 6th grade, I knew you were the one for me. Being my best friend for that long, made me realize, I actually preferred Boys over girls. When you asked me out, I finally knew that you liked me back. I actually only dated Kalel, because I wanted to forget about those feelings about you, because you had Melanie. You didn't need me. You were happy. But when you asked me out, it made me realize, you've liked me all along. Kalel was pregnant, but got an abortion, I think. So, she said. When our fights happen, and you end up leaving, I cry. I want to know where you are, if you're safe. Our latest one, I wondered where you had gone. I had to be there for Jackie, because none else would. Now that, I have you; even though you went through hell to get here. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Ian Andrew Hecox, Will you marry me?"