8. A Situation

Zayn's POV

Harry was currently asleep so I decided to have a small chat with Gemma while she prepared the lunch. "It's all good at the university, it's my last year so I'm hoping to get some honors and an entry into a good firm." She said. I had learned that she had been studying law. I always wanted to study law, but my mind went off that track at the age of 15 when I saw the pile of books one has to read for law.

"You must be very intelligent." I said with a smile. I took a seat at the dining table as she went over to the refrigerator to get a bottle of cold water. "Intelligent? I don't think so. I just know a thing or two about law." She replied with a chuckle.

"Uh, hi." Harry's voice interrupted my thoughts as I turned my head around to see him walking towards the kitchen slowly with his pajamas. "I feel better now," He continued when Gemma walked forward to touch his forehead.

"Well, take a seat. Lunch's almost ready." She said as she went back to checking the dishes. Harry took a seat and looked up at me. "I'm sorry." He said. "I know this must be horribly boring for you, I'll make it up to you when I get better."

"It's not horribly boring. I like your sister, she's funny." I said with a smirk. She was, I'd definitely go for her but I have a girlfriend and I'm pretending to date her brother too. Not cool.

"I suppose she is." Harry muttered. Gemma placed all the items onto the table and took a seat herself. "Didn't make anything special, hope that's okay." Gemma looked at me with a smile as I nodded.

"Food is all that matters." I said with a smile. She was about to say something when she was interrupted by her phone ringing. She excused herself from the table and went out to the verandah to take the call.

Harry started eating slowly as I decided to check my messages whilst eating.

34 new messages, 7 missed calls.

Well, shit.

Marlo: why aren't you at school babe? u oki??

Marlo: should i be worried???

Marlo: I'm coming over after school

Niall: Marlo's been askin about u. Noticed Styles was absnt too. D fuck u 2 doin?

Mom: Hope your friend is okay hun, and I want to meet him! Must be important to miss school and Marlo for

All the missed calls were from Marlo. Shit, I should have told her something. That's the main reason why I don't lie to Marlo. I don't remember what I lied precisely. So, I quickly thought about something before sending it to my respective people.

To Marlo: Hey babe, I'm alright. Had this sick headache in the morning and now this stomachache. I'll meet u tomorrow, too frustrated to talk today xx