47. The Graduation

8 months into Marlo's pregnancy.

Zayn's POV

Graduation. Wow. I got into University of Chicago, yay. My mother was there, hugging me and crying like crazy. Marlo called me just to ask if I had got in and to tell me that she got into NYU. I was so happy for her. Walihya was there, all smiles as she clicked the pictures. Niall and Liam were still in their rage phase but they were all smiles today for graduation photos.

We all did it. We had a thrilling senior year and it had been one hell of a ride. I didn't see Disha, Louis or Harry. Where were they? I saw Trevor though. Stood there with his sister and parents, smiling like the proud son he was. I wanted to punch his face. But hey, at least I didn't have to see his face ever again.

"I'm going to join Mrs. Chaudari now, okay?" Mom said to me as I nodded. She meant Disha's mum so I talked to Doniya for a moment about everything as Dad clicked our pictures. Then he took Safaa out because she was bored. I told Liya and Don that I was going to meet my friends and they just nodded at my direction.

God, was this Harry's way of breaking up with me? We didn't talk about college after the prom night. We barely talked. He made the excuse of 'studying'. Did Gregory finally made him get into the talk about leaving me? Fuck, I've never been this scared. Harry was nowhere to be seen.

But then I saw him. He was right there, with Disha and Louis. They were drinking smoothies and laughing. I walked towards them. Disha saw me coming and whispered something to Harry who nodded. Then, I saw Disha and Louis leave Harry alone.

I walked towards him. "Where were you?!" I almost yelled at his face as he chuckled. Then, he grabbed my hand and dragged me inside the school. We kept on walking till we reached an empty classroom. I was still upset as he sighed and made me sit down on a chair.

"Sorry for the way I was acting before." He said as he sat down on the seat beside me. "I was just worried how to tell this to you. I just didn't want Greg to find out in any way. He's a psychopath and we both know it."

"Find what out?" I asked. He nodded as he got up and got down on his knees in front of me before lifting his gown and taking a small box from the pocket of his jeans. My eyes went wide as he opened the box and I saw a shiny ring in there. "It isn't what you think it is, let me talk." He said. I was speechless so he decided to continue.

"I know that what I have with you is special. We didn't start on a good note but we got together in the end. I don't care if what we did was cheating or anything lile that, but you are my first love and I love you." He said. I smiled at that. "We're going to different places for college. I went with my second choice, University of Chicago and kept it a secret from everyone because I didn't want Gregory to find out."

"What?!" I said with a huge smile on my face. No way. "Yes." He said. "Louis and Disha are going there. I know you're going to some college in Canada but I want you to know that distance doesn't matter. So I'm offering you this promise ring, that I'll love you despite of our distance."

"Canada?" I muttered before chuckling. "Dude. Did you never hear what I say? Like Disha and I going to the same college and our families being happy about it?"

"Same college... You mean..." He smiled as I took the ring and put it on my ring finger. "Yes." I said with a smile as he got up with me. "We're still together." And then I kissed him again.

Well, fuck you then Trevor.

*

Harry's POV

Of course. I can't believe Zayn was in the same college after all. I should have told him about this sooner, all of this had been a mess. I told him that I got that ring with the help of Disha in $250 which is hell expensive for someone who lives alone with barely anything to eat.

He just laughed and said that it was really sweet of me to do something like this as we walked back to our friends. We all got into Chicago. Wow, we were still one. I saw that Gregory had got into NYU. I just wished him luck and said that we'll meet again soon if fate makes us. And he just grinned like an idiot.

I had called father to tell him about the graduation. His wife, Anne, congratulated me and wished me luck for the future. Then he told me to call him when I plan on going to Chicago to see the college. Gemma was more than happy that I got into the same college as Zayn and just cried continuously on the phone. Her now girlfriend Alex congratulated me with her British accent.

When we were all at Louis' house later that day, I got a call from Satan. So I excused myself and went to the porch to take the call. "Hello mother." I said. "How come you called?"

"Congratulations on graduating. Heard that your father is funding you with money to get into college." She said. "Good for him to show up on a short notice with his new wife."

"Yes." I said. "Thank you. How are you doing? How is Erin?"

"I'm doing good, thanks. Erin is perfectly healthy too." She said. There was a short pause before she started speaking again. "I want you to come to Alaska next week. I want you to be here and meet your sister. She's a cute baby and she would love to meet her brother. Gemma is going to be there too. You should call her and discuss your meet. She knows the address."

"I will come. Definitely." I said with a smile. "Anything else?"

"Yes..." She said. "I'm sorry for what I said before. Everything. Um, is there anything that I can do? I am used to funding you money every month for that house. It will be vacant now. So?"

"Oh, um..." I looked up at the sky and grinned. "Yes, actually I have a friend who was looking for a roommate. If you can give me rent-"

"Done." She said. "We will discuss more when you come here. I am looking forward to meeting you."

"Okay." I said. The line went off as I rushed back inside and grabbed Zayn from the group talk he was having. "What is it?" He asked.

"You were looking for a roommate, right?" I asked. He nodded at that. "I can be your roommate. We can have Jace too. What's the rent? My mother used to pay mine anyways. She agreed to help me out for college too."

"Harry... This is perfect." He said with a smile as he grabbed my face and kissed me. Everybody started telling us to continue all of this at home but I was too happy to listen to them. We were fine. We were happy.

Disha's POV (after they had been told that Harry had given Zayn the promise ring)

I smiled as my father took pictures of us. "Come on, now just the students!" He said as mom nodded and walked away, and I managed to drag Harry with me and the rest of the guys followed.

I stood there between Harry and Louis with a smile as my father clicked the picture of the six of us. After the picture session, when Zayn was talking with my father, I felt Louis nudge my shoulder. "So? Have you told them?" He asked. "Do you think you'd be standing still if I did?" I replied with a smile. He groaned at that.

"So, you're all going to the same college now. Right?" Mom decided to pop into our conversation as Louis smiled up at her. "Yes. We're all really excited." He said.

"Good. I'm happy Disha has friends like you, you're all good people." She said. I sighed as I wrapped my arm around Louis' shoulder. "He's my best friend, mom. And he's lucky to have me." I said.

Louis was practically dying there but he managed to keep a smile on his face. "Oh yes, I figured that out. But you're still lucky. He has a great family too." She said. That was right, my mother got well along with Louis' family. She really liked Phoebe too.

I hated that we had to keep our secret from them. But we could tell them some other time. We were just happy to be in the moment. All of us.
_________________________

Zarry are going to be living together. ERMGAD.
GUYS ZAYN'S KID COMES SOON ARE YOU READY?!
Vote and Comment if you liked this chapter.
xxSarah