21. Cheating

October 23rd, Saturday. 24 more days to go.

Zayn's POV

I wake up to an alarm clock ringing out and clear. I felt someone grumble as I sighed. Where was I again? I looked up to see Harry getting up and turning off his alarm. "We don't have school on Saturdays... We're back on our stupid schedule, you know?" I muttered, closing my eyes again. Our shit school used to work on Saturdays because exams were coming and we're not even close to finishing half of the syllabus. I was thankful for this holiday.

"So, what are you doing today?" Harry asked as he laid back on his bed. I turned to him and sighed because I remembered that I actually had something to do. "I promised Marlo that I'd take her to this fair in the city and the guys are coming with us. Then, we're planning to have lunch at a pizzeria or something like that." I replied.

"Oh, when do you have to leave?" He asked. "About nine thirty? I have to pick her up and Niall promised to show up at my door at nine." I said.

"You better hurry out through that window." Harry said with a chuckle. "Because you have fifteen minutes till the clock hits nine."

"What?" I said as I quickly got up and stared at his small alarm clock on the nightstand. Eight forty five. Oh, my, God. I quickly got up and looked at Harry to see him staring at me. "I'll call you." I said before opening up his window and climbing out of it. He should really lock this during night.

How am I supposed to reach home by nine? I basically ran half way and jogged a bit till I was covered in sweat. Good thing that soccer practice kept me fit for running. I noticed Niall reach for my doorbell as I jogged slowly to the door. "Stop!" I yelled. He paused midway and turned around, completely astonished.

"Dude? Where did you go? Morning run?" He asked with a smile. I shook my head violently before grabbing his arm. "Okay, listen, I'll message you when I reach my room. Don't ring the bell!" I warned him before walking to our yard. I started climbing the tree which was very close to my window and I was a pro at that. I managed to pry open my window and get in my room without making much noise.

I quickly sent Niall a text. After a minute, I heard my doorbell go off. I sighed and plopped on my bed. He came in without knocking and closed the door behind him. "Dude. What the hell was that?" Niall asked me before sitting down beside me on my messy bed. "I was away last night." I muttered.

"Off again to Marlo's?" He asked. I knew Niall wasn't going to take this as smoothly as Liam did. I had to tell him about my current crisis. We've been friends for a long time and he needed to know. "You know Harry Styles?" I asked him.

"Yeah. The boyfriend." He replied.

"I was at his house."

"Okay." He said. He didn't seem to be surprised for a moment, but then his mouth opened widely and he looked at me. "You didn't..." He started, but I just nodded. He gasped loudly at that.

"Oh my God." He whispered. "I never thought you'd actually go for him. What's your relationship with him supposed to be called now?"

"We have a deal, Niall." I said. "I'm his until the day his sister leaves."

"Yeah? You don't feel a thing for him?" He asked. "Not even like, a little love?"

"He's nice to me and... He understands this too." I said, hoping that he did. I knew that he remembered it was only till November 16th.

"Okay. No strings attached stuff, okay..." Niall was still whispering. "Damn, never thought you'd be into guys."

"Yeah, me neither." I muttered.