44. The Big Game

Zayn's POV

"I'm so sleepy." I whispered to Liam who ignored me. It was about 6 in the morning and we were heading towards school for front seats to the game. I did tell Liam that we might be the only people coming over to watch the game but he said that we were competing with another school so that can't be true. Liam came to pick me up because he was sure that I wouldn't get up on time.

Niall said he'd be there soon. I supposed he'd be taking his own ride there. Liam told me yesterday that he wasn't actually crushing on Louis, just Niall. I didn't find that unexpected. I just told him that he should talk it out with Niall before he said anything to Louis about the crush that didn't exist.

"God, I'll have to watch him play with Trevor." I muttered as I rubbed my eyes. Trevor's sister would be there too. Or maybe not. I didn't really care about that but she probably doesn't like me now. Not my fault that she had a shitty brother. We reached in a few minutes and parked the car as we headed towards the field.

We saw that half of the seats were already taken. What the actual hell. Who came to see lacrosse here? When did this game became so popular? I took a seat beside Disha who was eating a sandwich all alone. "What's up?" I asked her as she looked at me. "Wow. Didn't think you'd show up this early." She replied with a smile.

"Yeah, me neither." I muttered. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"I don't know. He went somewhere to get something to eat because I'm not willing to share." She said. I nodded at that. After some time Niall walked in and sat down beside Liam. They started talking about our own match as I sighed and stared at the set up field. I grabbed my phone and started reading an eBook since it was thirty more minuted till the players showed up in the field.

As time passed, I got engrossed into my book. "Look. The rival team." Disha said. I looked up to see guys in red jerseys walk in with their stupid helmets or whatever they called that. Harry looked nice in those. They had their... Net thing in hands. I sucked at lacrosse, I didn't know a thing about lacrosse. I just knew that you had to drag that tiny ball into the big net with the help of the small net bat. Thanks, teen wolf.

The place was more filled up than I expected. Parents were there, teenagers who I had never seen before were also there. They were even holding signs. Wow woman, you got a lot of energy so early in the morning. I muttered to myself as I saw our own school team come out. I searched for Harry as I found him right in front of Trevor. He seemed nervous.

Their coach came in soon and they gathered into a circle. The game was about to begin. "Zayn, do you want anything to drink?" Liam asked me. "If you can bring coffee, then yes." I replied. He nodded before getting up. At the same moment Louis walked in and pushed past some people to get over to our seats.

"Where did you find that burger?" I asked him as he took his seat beside Disha. "Oh, I stole it from nice girl." He said. I chuckled before turning to the game. I saw Harry walk around and stand at a side as he looked straight at me. I couldn't help but smile.

It wasn't clear but I hoped that he was smiling too. The game begin as people started hooting. The first goal went to the rival team because one of the guys from our school's team played like an idiot. The coach just shook his head before making that player sit down on the side. I noticed that guy was none other than the weed guy. Never knew that he played lacrosse.

The second goal was by our team. I would cheer loudly but Trevor was the one who scored it so I just clapped slowly. There was some chasing for a while before the third goal was again by our team. Harry assisted Trevor to get that goal. I smiled a little but Trevor still pissed me off.

There was the half time then. I got asked Liam for another coffee. He got it for me because he's the best guy in the world. I drank it slowly as I watched Harry talk to Trevor. It seemed like they were in a deep conversation. Hmm.