31. The End?

November 3rd, Wednesday. 13 more days to go.

Zayn's POV

The next morning when I rode back to school with Harry, I wondered what could possibly happen. Maybe guys won't be friendly as they were with me during our soccer session. The stupid footballers could piss me off to the very limit. Marlo could be planning something with Douche. Whatever it was, I was pretty ready for it.

"Yeah, see you later then." Harry said when we reached the school parking. I gave him a nod, followed by a smile as he climbed out of my car and walked away. After parking my precious vehicle, I started looking for Niall and Liam.

As I made my way through the halls, people were glancing at me. They were just staring as if they were looking at me for the first time. And it did make me uncomfortable for a moment before Niall joined me. "Hey, you okay?" He asked me with a smile as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I chuckled at that. "I'm awesome man. Thanks for asking."

"Cool. Have you seen Li? Where the hell is he? And how was your date last night? Did everything go well?" He started asking me questions. "I haven't seen Liam. The date was good, thank you. All because of your help. And bonus, Marlo and Trevor were sneaking on us." I said.

"No way!" He started laughing. "What exactly did she do?" And then I explained to him about how she was staring through the window and ran away when we caught her looking at us.

"That's quite it, yeah?" He said before we had to part our ways for my soccer practice later. I hadn't seen any of my sport friends during the lectures so I was kind of worried about their reaction. When I reached the changing room, every single guy looked up at me. There were murmurs before they all gathered around and looked at me.

"Zayn, you are an amazing player." Francis started talking. "But due to your current situation... I don't think we can let you play anymore. We're just highly uncomfortable with it." He finished.

"Seriously? What is wrong with you guys?" I started off, completely frustrated. "What generation are you living in? You can't kick me out of the team. I'm the captain and you've all been my friends. How can you think of me like this?"

"You're into guys?" Danny asked.

"Yeah I am." I said. "And if you guys have any problem with that, I'm sorry. But that's who I am. And as far as I know, I'm probably bisexual. But I don't see why that would stop me from playing soccer." I was almost yelling at this point.

"Hey, Zayn." Francis stepped forward and looked at me. "It's fine. We were just playing. And trust me, if I was into guys, I'd definitely be crushing on you. And yeah, we should hurry up before coach gets in." He finished with a smile.

"He is crushing on you!" Somebody whisper yelled from the crowd there. Everybody started laughing as Francis huffed. "Yeah, that was a joke. Get ready you idiots!" He yelled out before everybody spread out again to go to their respective lockers. I just chuckled before changing into my jersey.

*

After the practice and discussion about the new tactics, I headed for my last class of the day. English Literature, where Marlo was present. She was sat on the back, scribbling on her paper as I took a seat beside her.

"It was good to see you yesterday, Lo." I said, looking at her. She did not look back at me but she did smile. "Yeah, it was good to see you too." She replied.

"The school seems to be taking the news fine." I said. "Me being with a guy and all that."

"Yeah." She muttered. "It's 2016 and we all know that love is love. People who would be judging are just plain stupid." She finished before looking up at me.