32. Surprising Turn

November 5th, Friday. 11 more days to go.

Harry's POV

After I had explained my breakup to Gemma, she consoled me and we went out for dinner that night. She kept on asking me why did I breakup with someone 'so perfect' and I really didn't have an explanation to that. At least not an explanation that I could tell her.

The next day at school I told Louis and Disha about it. They yelled at me for some minutes before realizing I wasn't really 'happy' for breaking up with him. I told them how I really wanted us to be something, and since Zayn couldn't accept that, I had to stop. I saw him during lunch, he tried to talk to me since they had started sitting with us.

But then he explained to me about how he would still like to be friends. He didn't want me to be glaring at him all the time so I agreed to his friendship request. We agreed that whatever that had happened between us, shall not be something to get anxious about whenever we were around each other. He said he was friends with Marlo too now, and that was it. I didn't question him about her.

I barely saw her at school that day. So as we had started our 'friendship', Zayn would text me every now and then asking about homework and school schedule. He had been nice to me so I told Gemma that Zayn and I were back, but only as friends. She seemed a bit disappointed but she just said that she was happy for me and how I had been handling this 'awful breakup'.

So for all the horrible things Zayn had did to me, he found a solution for that. Tonight he was planning on setting me up for a date with a guy he thinks would treat me right. I refused, but he said that he really wanted to do this for me. So I agreed anyways.

"Isn't this going too fast?" Gemma asked me when I was checking my hair on the mirror. I turned to her and smiled. "No, it's fine. We had lost our spark weeks ago. We just didn't realize it." I told her.

"That date at home looked very romantic." She said with a chuckle before walking out of my room. Well, indeed it was. I'm sure nothing could ever be compared to what Zayn had done for me. But nothing lasts forever. Our relationship didn't even last till Gemma left because of stupid me.

Zayn, of course, was coming to pick me up. Gemma thought it was an awful idea but what did she know about us anyways? At about 8:00pm, the doorbell went off and Gemma took it for me.

"Hey." Zayn greeted Gemma with a smile. "I hope you're not planning to kill me."

Gemma laughed at that. "No. It's just... I don't get it. You're so nice, what happened?" She asked as I walked towards them.

"We're better off as friends, Gem. Come on, we don't wanna be late." I said, breaking into their conversation. Gemma sighed before leaning in to plant a kiss on my cheek. "Be back by 11. Call me if you'll be late." She said. I smiled and nodded before walking away with Zayn towards his car.

"You really didn't have to do this." I said as we got into his car. "And now that you are, am I supposed to find you a girl?"

"No, I'm good." He said. "No more relationships or dates for a while."

"Okay." I muttered. Awkward. "So, tell me about this guy."

"Okay. His name is Evan Carter" He said. "He's a freshman at some college, I don't really know. But he's good at soccer. Played a game with him at the grounds near my house. He's tall like you, a bit of an Australian accent, blond hair and good looking."

"Sounds nice." I said. Zayn just hummed at that. We reached a nice looking restaurant as Zayn found a parking. "He's here. We better hurry." He said before getting out of the car.