Chapter 7

Even though I haven't talked to mom about it, I still feel the urge to at least say thank you to Raphael. I wouldn't have expected him to react that way, but I'm honestly thankful. It's not something done easily, to stand up to people for something one believes in is hard, despite most people thinking it's the easiest thing in the world.

I can't really wrap my head around it though. He doesn't like me, nor does he know my mother, so I can't see a reason for him to do what he did.

He seemed so angry, so personally hurt, when we're nothing to him.

Maybe exactly that is the reason I'm now looking for him. Secretly, I want to ask him for his reason, but I probably won't. He rarely seems in the mood to talk to me, let alone talk to me about feelings.

For most of the day, I don't really see him and when it gets to lunch break after my last lecture, I actually decide to go look for him.

My mate arranged another date with the both of us for tonight and I want to get this out of the way beforehand.

I run around the whole university, trying to find him, but because the building is so large, I'm having a hard time.

Funnily enough, when I do find him it's in the cafeteria and I immediately wanna hit myself for not thinking about that sooner.

He sits with a few people, but strangely, it's almost as if he's not part of the group. It's not because they don't include him, but rather it seems as if he's deliberately distancing himself.

I blink a few times until someone tells me I'm in the way in a rather annoyed tone, so I quickly apologise and move out of the way and towards Raphael's table.

'Hey.' I say once I stand next to his seat.

He doesn't turn around or react at all, but the rest of the table does in his stead. They all look at me questioningly, as if not quite understanding what business I have here.

'Hey.' I repeat, moving to the side a bit for Raphael to notice I'm here.

But again, he just sits there, not reacting at all.

I frown. I don't necessarily want to touch him as it can be quite aggravating for a werewolf to be touched without warning, so I wave a hand in front of his face. Again, no reaction.

'Hey!' I almost shout this time, but that doesn't achieve anything either. So he's deliberately ignoring me.

'Dude, I think the newbie wants to talk to you.' someone whispers to Raphael. I almost laugh at the fact that he calls me a newbie. Almost as if we're back in high school. But then again, it didn't sound like an insult, but more like him not knowing what else to call me.

"Donovan. It's Donovan.. And I'd appreciate it if you could look at me while I talk to you." I say, the second part obviously aimed at Raphael.

When another girl jabs him in the ribs with her elbow, he finally sighs and stands up.

Without a word, he grabs my arm and pulls me out of the large room. I hear whispers as we walk past several tables, but I'm too surprised to even pay proper attention.

Raphael finally lets me go once we're a good ways from the cafeteria. He stares at me for a second and then just turns around and walks off.

I contemplate following him, but if he's that eager to not talk to me, I can live with that.

'Thanks for yesterday!' I call after him, wanting to at least let him know why I went up to him.

His step doesn't even falter as keeps walking as if I haven't said anything at all.