Chapter 40

It took us far too long to get rid of them all. After having been indirectly insulted by my best friend, Randy made it his mission to make Zach suffer for it the rest of the night. Meanwhile, Elif and her dad involuntarily provided our entertainment.

But now that they're gone, the silence is just the most beautiful thing. It's just the two of us... well, three.

'You alright?' I ask my mate, wanting nothing more than just collapse together with him and calling it a day.

'Hungry.' he says and starts stalking towards our little kitchen area. I desperately want to let a 'really?' slip out, but I do my best to keep my mouth shut. He still sees the one eyebrow I can't resist raising though.

'Fuck you. Now get me food.' I blink a couple times before finally getting into gear when he gives me yet another scalding look. He watches intently over my shoulder as I make some fried egg for him and it honestly wouldn't be weird at this point for him to just drool on the food over my shoulder.

When he's finally eating five minutes later I can't help and just take in the look on his face. He just sits there, his legs crossed, gobbling down his food happy as.

'Don't stare. You'll do the same when you get pregnant. It's rude.' he complains with his mouth full of egg. I laugh.

'When? You want more? Besides, you're adorable, I'm allowed to watch you.' I justify my actions and just keep staring with a smile that probably looks more love struck than it should.

'You're the one who'll want more, you'll see. And I'm not adorable. I'm your height with too many muscles to do anyone any good anymore and I'm stuffing my face with food.' At least he knows.

'Way to toot your own horn. You should keep complimenting yourself while I get a mirror so you can look at yourself while you do so. And I'm pretty sure one will be enough.'

He only looks at me knowingly, raises his eyebrows with a smile, then shakes his head.

'You're hopeless. Also I never said those were good qualities, you just can't see anything bad in me, not my fault. I'm flawless in your eyes. And by the way, if I'm being adorable with all this' - he gestures to literally all of him - 'then so are you. You're adorable when you look at me like that.'

I can't help but smile.

'Come here.' I say and hold my hand out. He immediately sets his plate, with only a few bits left on it, to the side and crawls over to me. He's in my lap before I can even ask and his lips on mine before I can complain about the distance between us.

When he pulls away breathing hard I manage to get out: 'Your breath smells like egg.'

He rolls his eyes with a groan, but stays where he is and sinks against me, hugging me loosely.

'What do we call her?' he asks after a while.

'It's a girl, huh?' I ask after letting a few seconds pass by. He lightly swats me without any real intention and I chuckle.

'Vilma' This time he swats me properly.

'I will not name my child after a character in a TV series.' I chuckle again, then apologise.

'How about Natalie?' I offer instead. I always liked the name.

'Natalie?' he tests out the name on his tongue a few time until he finally concludes: 'I don't like it, something's missing.'

'Hmm, I don't know then.' I shrug and start swaying us from one side to the other, back and forth.

We sit there for a while, enthralled in our small movement and each other and what feels like hours but way too little time later, he opens his mouth again.