Chapter 36

'Daddy!!!!!'

Elif's shriek pierces our ears before we even see her bounding down the stairs. She's in Marc's arms just a second later. He twirls her around as if she weighs nothing, when we all know that is so not the case. She is 10. She is not light. But Marc doesn't complain one bit when she decides to use his upper body as a jungle gym and giggles full of joy. Suddenly, she stops, throws as a quick glance before whispering - yeah right - into her dad's ear.

'I've got the thing for Donovan and Raphael. Can I give it to them?'

Her eyes keep going back and forth between us and her dad, but I can barely pay her attention.

What becomes painstakingly obvious is the sudden pull I feel towards Raph. The tension from earlier has left and all I want to do now is finish the ritual completely. His arm around my body doesn't help either, but I don't find it in myself to step away from him. I can feel his tense muscles on my back and where his arms touch me, and I know he's feeling the same.

As much as I love Elif, right now she's in the way.

'Let them get some rest, love, and give them their gift tomorrow... or maybe in a week.' he shrugs innocently before giggling and then carrying his pouting daughter into the house. I don't miss the wink he throws us over his shoulder, but even that can't distract me now. I don't even blush. Instead, I get out of Raph's embrace, grab his hand and pull him towards the woods and our home.

On the way there is a flurry of shifting. The longer we don't touch, the more I lose control. I keep shifting back and forth between my human and wolf form, going from four feet to two and back in a matter of seconds. At this point, I can't even see Raph, I simply feel him close to me and so I keep going towards home.

The moment we get there, Raph bursts through the door and me, still being in wolf form, run right into him, making us topple over each other into our living space.

We lie there for a second, on our backs, me mid shift and Raph in his human form right next to me, too stunned about our clumsy selves to even react. And then suddenly we both burst out laughing. I can feel Raph's shoulder shaking next to mine, my stomach starting to cramp up with the amount of laughing I do, but I can't help it. It takes all the pressure off and makes the tension dissipate and it calms me down.

I end up kicking the door closed and snuggling into Raph's side, still chuckling.

'I love you.' I say, kissing his neck. His arm that is around my shoulders pushes my chin up, so that his lips can find mine, kissing me in between his own giggles. I push myself up on my hands on either side of my mate's shoulders, straddling him in the process and deepening the kiss. But before I know it his hands are pushing my torso up and to the side to switch position. I can't help but laugh again as we end up rolling around the room like idiots.

'Stop it!' I finally say, half serious and half laughing still, while standing up. I pull him up with me, ignoring his pout and lead him to our bed. We don't have a lot of furniture, but a kitchen and bed, along with a few other bits and pieces was a must.

Before I even reach the bed, he picks me off the ground by my hips. Not expecting that at all, I let out an embarrassing squeak before being dropped on the bed and squished into it by my very enthusiastic mate.

'That was cute.' he grins at me, our noses touching and eyes crossing to see each other.

'Shut up.' I reply as I punch him in the side. He groans, which doesn't surprise me, since I didn't hold back much.

Before he can retaliate I pull his head down to kiss him, my tongue meeting his in a matter of seconds and neither of us can help the moans that escape our lips.