Chapter 22

The next morning I wake up angry.

In some respects, I'm aware that it's not completely justified, but I can't help myself.

What bothers me is the fact that whenever Raph and I talk about telling people, he starts to distract me with sweet words and touches and I can't help but to accept all that. What little time I can be completely free with him I don't want to spend arguing, so I go along with it. But really, it's not a good thing. At this point, I don't even know whether I'm angry at him or at me. Probably a bit of both.

I can understand how hard it is on him, but even so it feels like he's not taking me seriously, however much I know that isn't true.

I can't even bring myself to make proper breakfast and instead just much on cereal.

'What crawled up your ass so early in the morning, pretty boy?'

Zach comes in half grinning, still in his boxers and top he probably slept it.

'Fuck you.' is my only response, cereal going everywhere as I can't be bothered to actually swallow before talking.

'Ouch man. What's up with you? Got not dick last night after all?'

He jokingly claps my back and laughs.

'Don't fucking talk to me!' I rage, not even looking at him now. I really don't have the patience for this right now.

'Okay okay, I get it. So what's up?' He sits down opposite me with his own bowl of cereal and just looks at me. Even if my eyes are very focus on the tabletop and my mind completely concentrated on angrily chewing my cereal, I can't ignore him for long. There's something about being continuously stared at that feels unbelievably uncomfortable.

'I'm just annoyed. He keeps distracting me every time I want to talk.' I finally mumble.

'Well he's a pancaking chicken if you ask me.' Zach replies, 'I guess he's scared.' he then adds with a shrug.

'Why would he be scared. It's not like they can actually do anything to him or Sam. He's too strong.' In all fairness, I don't actually know whether that's true. I know when we fought we were just about even, but I've never seen him fight when it counts, or in a match that isn't driven by pure instinct. I have absolutely no idea how he fights when he can use his head.

'Dude. Are you that stupid or just pretending to be? This has nothing to do with him. It's all about you. Of course they wouldn't seriously hurt anyone, that wouldn't make sense, but it's their land. They can do just about anything if they want to, including having one of you leave the land.'

This makes me stop short. It's the same thing I've mentioned to Raph before when it came to having a relationship in the first place. I said that when he wanted to be with me. Now the roles are reversed.

'Ahh the sweet sweet smell of love. It's everywhere. Die for your one love. Live for them. To be or not to be. Or in your case, how about you finally get some D?' he winks at me with a cheeky grin, and while I first rolled my eyes I now definitely protest by flicking some milk drenched cereal at him.

'Eww, why would you do that? Don't waste that pancaking food!' He picks it out of his hair and stuffs it in his mouth as if it's the most normal thing to do.

We eat in silence after that, each with their own thoughts, or at least me with mine, I still haven't been able to figure out what's going on in that head of his.

'You know we can't' I then say completely out of the blue, 'As soon as we mate, everyone will know.'

The thing with werewolves is that we don't actually leave any scent behind. It's an instinctual defence mechanism. When hunting, hiding or fighting, leaving a scent would be absolutely detrimental, so it's almost like it's left from our genetic code completely. There's only two things that will always be too strong to not be smelled. One of them is the smell of your mate when you first meet them. The other one is the exchange of scents when mating. After the mating, other wolves will be able to smell that you and your mate are mated to each other. For Raph and me, that means that we can't have sex unless we want everyone to know about it.