Chapter 38

I frantically burst through the doors of the pack house, not caring about anyone, the only goal to bring my mate to Randy. By the time I get to his clinic, Randy has already prepared the bed and is ready to tend to Raph.

Immediately after I gently lay Raph on the bed, Randy is all over him, checking is breath, his pulse, the sound of his heart, while firing question after question about what happened at me. I struggle to answer him, only giving him I don't know's and I'm not sure's.

Once he's satisfied with his checks, he backs off, declaring him to be unconscious.

'We just have to wait for him to wake up on his own. He's fine, there's nothing wrong from what I can tell, so I'll have to rely on what he tells me when he comes to. Now stop fidgeting. You're giving me fucking anxiety.'

'This is my mate!' I protested.

'I'm aware, thank you, not like anyone could miss the two of you. Fucking gross.'

He makes a face, before jotting down a few notes and then turns back to me.

'So just tell me what happened.'

'I was cooking and he came over and hugged me from behind and then suddenly he drops. Out of nowhere.'

'That's it? Nothing out of the norm happening before? Nothing you thought was odd?' He lifts one eyebrow, looking at me expectantly.

'No, not really. Only the whole sleeping thing.'

With an annoyed click of his tongue he leaves the room. This calms me down a bit, Randy would never leave a patient if they weren't stable.

I sit myself down next to my mate, pushing some of his hair out of his face and kiss him gently. I'm worried about him, I don't know what's going on and neither does Randy apparently.

A knock on the door a few hours later makes me let go of my mate and I go open it to come face to face with one of the wolves I sometimes run patrol with.

I frown. 'Did I miss patrol?' Really, that is a stupid question, because Marc could just have told me. And he would have.

'No, don't worry, but Alpha sent me to let you know to skip your patrol later and instead meet him in his office.' I'm surprised to say the least, but agree to it - obviously - and let him go.

At sunset I make my way up to the Alpha's office. I'm let in when I knock and immediately told to sit down.

'How's Raphael?' Marc asks.

'He's briefly woken up about an hour ago, but was right back out. Randy checked on him again after, but no news. He's just sleeping now I think.'

'That's good. I don't like what's going on with him, but just leave it to Randy. He'll figure it out.' He's frowning, but at the mention of his mate, Marc's face lights up like a Christmas tree. I wonder whether I look like that as well.

'Listen, the reason I've asked you up is because I've been thinking about getting your mum and that pup out here.'

My breath hitches at his words and I don't even manage to answer at first. A grin grows on his face. 'That good an idea, huh?'

'How?' I still find it hard to believe. He wants to help me get mum and Sam here, so they can live with us.

'Well, technically if I mark them it'll cover the mark of your old pack, effectively making them part of us, like I did with the two of you, just without them being outcast beforehand. They can't do anything then.'

I frown. 'How does that work? I've never heard of covering marks.'

'As long as the Alpha attempting to cover the mark is stronger than the Alpha whose original mark the wolf is wearing there shouldn't be any problem.' he shrugs, 'And I'm the stronger Alpha.'