Chapter 20

Three weeks later finds me standing in my room dressed only in my boxers with absolutely no clue what to do with myself.

No one's really informed me what kind of event this concert actually is. Sheila's not said anything apart from meeting times and Raph just hasn't wanted to talk about it. So here I am, an hour before Sheila and Sam will be here to pick me up and the only thing I've accomplished so far is to have a shower.

Zach's left this morning, not telling anyone where he went and mum has been called into the office, which leaves me completely alone to figure out how to present myself tonight.

I sigh and let my body drop onto the bed. This is where I stay for the next twenty minutes. It's not that I don't want to get ready, but it's one of those times that in your head you're completely convinced you're moving and doing things, but really, you're not even twitching your eyelids. However, I do fall off the bed when the door flies open and crashes into my wall. I groan and turn around to shoot whoever dared to scare me that much a death glare, only to see Zach standing there with a wide grin on his face and two bags in his hands.

'Let's get you ready, lover boy!' he shouts happily, completely ignoring my less than energetic self.

Instead, I get manhandled like a dress up doll when he puts clothes on me. Turns out what he's been doing all day is picking out clothes for me to wear.

'You could have at least helped a bit.' he huffs after stepping back and admiring his work. I only shrug.

'Good?' I ask.

'You doubting my abilities? This is pancaking fantastic! Woohoo!" he hollers before disappearing from my room, probably to get stuff to make my hair look presentable. That man takes my appearance way too seriously.

While he's gone I chance a look in the mirror and I can't help but admit how good an eye he's got for that stuff. The clothes aren't anything special really, but it's quite obvious how much time it took to find and match all of it. The skinny jeans that took entirely too long to put on are a dark blue, which goes well with the almost black blazer jacket thing he got me. Underneath he actually put the sleeveless top I was wearing on the first wanna-be-date I had with Raph.

The shoes he got I don't even know the name of and I've given up finding out without even starting. They look good though so I'm not bothered. Zach even got me a fancy looking watch that probably didn't even cost him that much. I grin, I really love this guy.

'Last touches, here we come.' he comes back into my room, hollering once again. He is way too excited for this, a lot more than I am even.

Half an hour later I'm downstairs waiting for Sheila to arrive. Zach is with me and we're watching silly TV that no one actually likes but everyone watches. When the doorbell finally rings, Zach just turns to me with a smile.

'Go get your man.'

He winks at me before shooing me towards the door. I only roll my eyes. Over dramatic much.

Outside Sheila is waiting by the car with Sam. My first instinct is to grab Sam into a hug, as we've done every time we met for the past few weeks, but then I remember that Sheila doesn't know we've met, so I clear my throat instead. Both of them look up, smiles on their faces. Sam moves to come towards me, but I just wink at him, making him stop in his step. He looks curious as I walk up to Sheila, kiss her on the cheek and then turn to him. I squat down in front of him and hold my hand out.

'Hi little man, I'm Donny, nice to meet you.' I say with another wink. Sam only chuckles before actually taking and shaking my hand.

'I'm Sam.'