Part 2

He was unsure why, but Sal felt the sudden urge to look up - it was as if someone was standing mere paces from him, watching him sit in sadness. Lifting his head without moving his hands, he slid his gaze towards the doorway, and rested his bearded chin against the heel of his hands, fingers trailing over his rounded cheeks. Through his sore emerald eyes he saw a figure, about his own height and of similar, if not slighter build. His eyes met those large, sorrowful ones. They were framed by locks of untamed hair that was a deep, wild brown, and yet dappled with streaks of grey that ran from his temples.

"I'm not in the mood, Brian." Sal said in a hoarse whisper. His throat was still sore from earlier, when he was shouting his plea to those who called themselves his friends.

But still, Q did not move. His yielding eyes looked into Sal's with continued guilt, and the sitting man's eyes, although dwelling with bitterness upon his actions, softened.

"What is it? What do you want?" spoke the nasal Staten Island accent, without any hints of malice; just pure, unadaltered tiredness.

Q took a step into the room, and said in a slow, quiet voice, with eyes cast to the ground: "Nothing, I just wanted to check if you were OK." and after another moment, "it's just that you seemed pretty shook up earlier."

Sal sat up in his chair, arms laying across his chest and lap. He felt warmed, for a moment, and a little surprised, before saying, with a hint of sarcastic bitterness, "I'm fine."

Q's head lowered slightly, and he kept his gaze low as he walked from the room, leaving Sal alone once more. He instantly regretted the slight toxicity with which he conveyed his words, but thought it maybe for the best that Brian had gone. He couldn't be so easily forgiven for the pain he, James, and Joe had caused him. After all, it was his laughter who had rung the loudest in his ears as his face glowed hot with embarrassment.

But then again, it was Brian - It was his best friend. And more importantly, he had been there, offering to help pick up the pieces that weighed so heavily upon him and cut him so deeply. Surely he could find a place in his heart to forgive, just this once. Just for Q.
Because isn't that what friends are for?