Part 19

They both sat in the chill of the room, eyes cast to the ground, hearing the howls of the wind outside.

Both were silent.

All was still, except for the distant groans of the street below.

Sal's throat was dry and sore, and he strained himself to coarsely whisper "Q?"

Brian looked at Sal with quiet intensity - Not with hate, but not with love either - as Sal's eyes remained tethered to their Earthly bindings.

"Please don't hate me, Q. I don't know what else to say..."

"Then say nothing" Q said gently.

The big man with ebony hair and gleaming eyes looked up slightly, looking into Brian's without seeing the pain they harboured.

"Do you love me too?" Sal asked, in a voice as silent as the lonely moon sailing an inky sky.

Now Brian's eyes flitted away and back again to those green orbs that held his tenderness in weak-willed hope.

He did not reply, but stood, and crossed the room to stand closer to his sitting company; hands hovering nearby eachothers, twitching slightly as they came nearer, for the anticipation of contact grew so greatly between them.

Standing there, with Sal gazing up at him, he spoke those words that seemed so foreign in direction to another man:
"I think I love you, Sal. I really do"