Part 20

Sal stood, facing his friend. He looked at him quizzically, trying to judge the sincerity of those auburn embers.

As he did so, Brian raised his lumbering arms and wrapped them around Sal's neck. Realising the truth of his feelings, Sal leant his forehead against Brian's, and they breathed deeply eachothers warmth and compassion; just as Sal had so often done with Clarabelle.

This was a feeling that surged through Brian that he had not felt in years - a deep love that took precedence above all else. In that time they stood, together in eachothers arms, nothing else mattered.

From their heads bowed slightly, chins angled towards their chests, Sal tipped his head forward and closer to Q's; kissing him tenderly.

Eyes widening, they smiled through the kiss, and looked at eachothers bared souls.

This time, Q kissed back, harder; breathing becoming rugged and laboured as his hands slid up and around the back of Sal's head.

As he did so, Sal moved closer to Brian, breathing deeper and gasping between his rough yet addictive kisses. He traipsed his arms about Q's middle, bunching the soft fabric of his t-shirt as he groped around his back, moving his flustered hands down towards the bottom of the shirt, pulling it up to reveal the bare skin underneath.

With Sal's arms now inside the shirt, they held eachother, lips joined, each breathing in the other.

Q's kisses moved to Sal's cheek, and onto his roughly stubbled neck; becoming less frequent and much gentler as Sal rested his chin on Brian's shoulder, arms now still around his middle.

Brian pulled away slightly, so as to look Sal in the face.

"I love you" said Sal, with a gentle peck on the other man's lips; gazing longingly into his broad and beautiful smile.

"I love you too" whispered Q against the howling cries of the weather outside, as they stood together in the small Staten Island apartment, blissful in eachothers company.