Part 37

"When should we tell the boys?" Clarabelle asked; tossing messy fronds of her brownish hair back over her shoulder, and puffing a stray wisp of it from over her eye, "Or do you think we should tell your family first?"

"I'm really not sure yet," Sal replied, shoving some loose change into the pockets of his khaki shorts as he finished fastening the belt around his waist, "maybe we should tell them all at once - or maybe not at all. Y'know what: we could do a Gatto and just drop it into the conversation like its the most normal thing in the world, and not some massively life changing shiz."

"True. At least we've got time to think about it though..." She sighed, collecting up scraps of paper from their bedside table into a small, neat bundle, "well, about 7 and a half months of time, I guess." 

Sal smiled at her, pulling a check shirt on like a jacket over the tee he was already wearing. "Don't stress about it, Tea; we'll figure it out soon enough." 

"Tea?" she asked, raising an eyebrow quizzically and smirking.

"Yeah," he shrugged, "I just figured that it suits you. You call me Sally, and I'll call you Tea." he grinned mischievously, as he pulled her in for a hug.

"But why Tea?" she asked, giggling softly, "and anyway, I thought you didn't mind being called Sally."

"I don't mind it, not at all. And it'll be Tea because you drink so much of the fucking stuff; and there was me thinking it was just a British stereotype." She laughed into his chest as he stooped to kiss her - catching her lips with his in a gentle touch.

"Anyway, I'll see you later. Are you sure you don't wanna come with us to get some ice cream?" he asked

"I'm sure," she smiled, watching him head to the doorway where he paused; looking back at her. "I love you, Sally."

"You too, baby, you too." He smiled earnestly, blowing a kiss into the room before she heard his muffled voice speaking to the timid boy waiting in the hall, and the door close behind them.