10 | images

10 | images

***

There are a lot of places to get images, and here I will be telling you which are the best places, and for what purpose.

1. WeHeartIt

Yes, a social media app, but really good. Try looking at collections There are plenty of Wattpad Cover collections, and most of the images are proper format. 

However, if the image is too small or landscape, you probably should not get it, because it would look stretched out and pixellated on your cover.

However,  if it is grey, or has a dark background, you could adjust the brightness, so it looks closer to black. This is only if its background is a solid colour.

You could also use a color identifier tool.

My own WeHeartIt account is jakeptt (http://weheartit.com/jakeptt ) Nearly all of my Hearts are cover images, and most have the proper formatting.

2. Google

This is great for very specific images, and it gives you a lot wider range. 

Search up what you want with the word 'PNG' next to it.

EG:

Lily Collins png

This means it will have a transparent background, so you can make the background whatever you want.

Or if you want a layout-y thing, like flowers or forests, add 'tumblr' at the end of your search.

3. Pexels/Pixabay/Unsplash

All three of the websites mentioned above contain free images, and have thousands of options. I suggest Pixabay for more specific images, Pexels for broader images, and Unsplash if you want good images for a Teen Fiction novel.

These websites are great if you want to publish a novel, as you don't need to pay for anything at all.

It's all free!

I hope this helped!

***