96| key words

96 | key words

***

Okay, before you say: "Omg, jake LAME!", let me just tell you that for at least a month, every time I was looking for a PNG, I would search up something like: (model) transparent background or (model) no background

And that very rarely gets results. When I first found out it was called PNG...my heart just fluttered!

SO let's get on with the list!

PNG - portable network graphic, or in other words, an image with a transparent background.

JPEG/JPG - joint photographic (experts) group, or in other words, an image with a solid background (opposite of png)

GIF - graphics interchange format, or in other words, an image that moves

PSD - photoshop document, or in other words, a file which contains all the layers in a document, and keeps them intact after closing them. also sometimes a coloring.

ZIP - a compression format used by mac users and other laptops and computers. when you drag it to you desktop and double-click, it converts into a folder containing what you downloaded.

RAR - a compression format used by PC users. not available for mac users, and some other laptops. to convert this to zip, just type in rar to zip online converter, and you should find what you're looking for.

ABR - a photoshop brush which is an "essential" for making beautiful textures

Gradient - when a color blends in with another color, usually it's two colors, one on top and one on bottom, great for color overlays, as well as backgrounds.

Blend - similar to a banner, except you usually use repeats of a person (very hard to explain) and you bring lots of different images together to make some logical in some sense. the term blend comes from the mixing of all these different images.

Signature - basically a blend, except it's longer and shorter.

Photoshop - the most popular designing tool in the world, known globally for turning models into more ideal looking people, but also known for allowing you to make anything you want.

Pixlr - most people's stepping stone to photoshop. very similar to photoshop, except it has less features, and is more complicated.

DeviantArt  - a way of sharing and finding different types of art and resources. great for improving, learning and meeting friends!

Imgur  - a way of sharing a graphic you made with someone else through a link.

And that's all I have! Obviously there are loads - loads - more, but those are the most important....or are they? If you think I've left any out mention it in the comments section, and if you're unsure about a meaning of a word, leave it there too!