FangirlMoment_x review

I had to cut down the amount from 5 to 3 because I have a lot of these to do.

Covers:

Review:

Review:

These covers gave me very mixed reviews and all my opinions for them are different. There are things I love about them and things that could be worked upon a bit more.

Let's begin!

Color scheme:

Well obviously this goes for all of them.

I like the black and white theme and I think it works very well with the title, images and mood. There isn't much to say about this, except about the first cover.

I find it quite weird, to be frank, to see the text with a black background.

Of course I've seen it been done but in a quite different styles and never with a dark theme.

I think it would have been better without the black background and just the white text.

And if it was a matter of it being hard to see the words, then you could have added an outline instead.

Quality:

Well the first two are brilliant, absolutely no pixelation that I can see, though that may be because of the Comic Effect, but hey, we all have our ways.

The final one, however, is a different story altogether. The pictures are extremely blurry which is a huge put-off.

If you had chosen better images - and believe me there are a lot of those types of images - you would have had a better cover.

Overall Aesthetics:

Okay, let me tell you right out that the second one is by far my favourite. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT! It has such a professional look to it, and omg I can't even! It's so beautiful!

Perfect!

Except for the names. The font is weird and you should have increased the text spacing a bit. Also (now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but just something to consider) your name is a bit too large, and it should be smaller, and not draw attention away from the actual name of the author.

For the first one, there's the issue with the background of the text, but let's talk about the image.

I have nothing against the image, it's just that it looks a bit weird with the layout square thing you've got going on. I know you may have wanted to be original and try something new, but I think it would have been better if you had stuck to the good ol' 'fit the background'.

And the last one is the one I have the most problem with.

I think the images that you used were completely different from the message that the font was giving me.

I was getting the impression of a cuddly warm book from the title, but the images were very different as well as the font.

And while on the topic of the font the two fonts you used were very weird.

They were both cursive but they were for different purposes.

Bromello should be used for light, funny ChickLit or Teen Fiction stories, and Notera should be used very rarely and most often for romance or poetry.

So I feel like you should spend some more time thinking of that.

Total:

Some good, some bad

7/10

Hope that helped because that was one long review!

***