Chapter 14: Plans For The Future & Another Mystery

Plans For The Future & Another Mystery

Ikuto walked inside the throne room and sighed. "Here comes another nightmare…" he thought to himself. When he got inside, he saw not only Utau, but Tsukasa, Tadase, Kairi, Yoru, Nikaidou and Yukairi there too. He was shocked to see a complete set of people there along with his parents."Whatever this is, it sure seems important if they needed this much people here."

Ikuto walked over to where the others were and he turned to face his father. "Okay, what did I do this time?" he asked.

"Well, for the record son, you did nothing." Said Aruto with a smile.

"Nothing? That's not what you told me a few days ago." Corrected Ikuto. He should have done something. Why else would he be here?

"That was based on the complains we got. You did do something before but for now, you're off the hook." Said Aruto.

"Shouldn't you be happy Ikuto? You're not here to discuss about your failures." Said Yukairi jokingly.

"Funny, I never knew I failed as a son." Replied Ikuto sarcastically.

"Oh you never failed at anything Ikuto. Maybe you have been neglecting your duties for a while, but you must have some sort of reason for it." Said Souko.

"So you didn't call me here for anything I did in particular?" asked Ikuto with a confused yet suspicious look in his face. He had to have been called for something and he doubted it was just for a friendly greeting.

"Well, we already told you that we've been getting complains haven't we?" asked Aruto "About you and Utau to be certain. Both of you have been neglecting your duties lately, as others claim."

"And? What do they want from us now? Some kind of ultimatum to be put down?" asked Utau. She didn't like where this was going. In fact, she didn't even want to talk about any of this.

"Utau, as a part of the royal family…" Souko was about to explain when she got cut off.

"Yes I know, we have to do out best for our kingdom and the good and welfare of our people. We have to serve a good examples and be the perfect role model. To serve our kingdom and do our best for them is to be our top priority and nothing else." Recited Utau.

"Very good, let's all give her a hand." Said Ikuto sarcastically, and Yoru couldn't help but laugh.

"Ikuto…" said Aruto in a warning tone.

"What?" asked Ikuto, to him, he was simply stating facts.

"Can you two please just give your father and I some time to speak ad explain why we called you all here?" asked Souko kindly.

Utau stayed silent and so did everyone else. They waited until their mother started to speak. "You've been called here because your father and I have been planning on hosting an event."

"What kind of event?" asked Utau. She had a very bad feeling about this.

"A ball to be precise." Said Aruto.

"Oh man, not this again." Mumbled Ikuto.

"Oh may goodness no." said Utau in agreement. Ikuto and her never liked balls, they'd rather lock themselves in their rooms and never bother to come out until the whole thing was over.

"Now please here them out Ikuto-kun, Utau-chan." Said Tsukasa. He knew they didn't like these events, but he wanted to hear reason first.

"Thank you Tsukasa." Said Aruto then he faced them again. "Now you have to know that this is partially your own fault."