Chapter 16: Tara, Mai, and Questions Why?

Tara, Mai and Questions Why

While Utau was in town, turning her whole situation from bad to good to who knows what, since Kukai showed up and another something about the Misuzawas was cleared up, Ikuto was having his own problems. Utau was right, being with Mai, was killing him on the inside.

As Utau went to the town earlier, Ikuto had been told to keep Mai entertained. He couldn't say no and he was stuck, but unlike Utau, he was able to make a run for it without Mai noticing. She was too busy clinging to him and he heard her say some stuff about their 'future together', which Ikuto thought was ridiculous because they'd never have a future together. He couldn't stand it so he made a slip after the first five to ten minutes of her chattering and went on unnoticed.

Now he was in Amu's room again with Yoru and Tsukasa. He didn't know how long it took Mai to notice he was gone, but he didn't really care. Knowing her, she didn't even know where he was right now.

"Man, I don't know when she's going to find me, late or never? I'd want the option never." Thought Ikuto to himself, as he was worrying that Mai might burst in the room.

"Ikuto? You okay~nya?" asked Yoru as he stared at him confused.

"Fine Yoru, I'm great." He replied with a sigh.

"Ne Ikuto, I thought you had guests coming here?" asked Amu "How come you've been here almost the whole morning?"

"Don't you want me here Amu?" he asked with mock hurt in his voice.

Amu gave him a glare and answered sarcastically "Oh of course I do."

"Aw that hurts Amu." Replied Ikuto.

"Haha very funny." Retorted Amu in return. "But seriously though, why are you here?"

"Well, I'd like it better to stay here. Utau is gone and I'd rather not entertain our guests…" said Ikuto and then "Especially Mai…" he muttered to himself.

Tsukasa started to laugh a bit about Amu and Ikuto's little argument when the door opened. Ikuto's eyes widened and he thought. "Oh come on! It cant be her!"

Luckily, it wasn't Mai, it was her little sister, Tara. "Um…is anyone here?" asked Tara as she slowly opened the door and took a peek inside.

"Tara-chan!" called Tsukasa. "Come in and have a seat."

"Oh!" called Tara in shock as she saw Yoru, Ikuto and Tsukasa there. She was even more shocked when she saw Amu. "I didn't know you had a guest, I'm sorry."

"No Tara-chan, it's completely fine." Said Tsukasa "Come in now." He called kindly.

Tara was still a bit hesitant when Ikuto suddenly spoke "Come inside already Tara, it's fine. No one here bites."

Tara was a bit shocked but nodded then complied. She went inside and sat on a nearby chair. Tsukasa smiled at her and asked. "Now, what brings you here?"

"I was just wondering around the palace alone, since Ryo is out and I heard Mai was looking for Ikuto-san." She explained "She told me to find him, and I somehow ended up here."

"Is she still looking for me?" asked Ikuto a bit annoyed.

"Yes, she wanted to ask Souko-san and Aruto-san, but as you know they went out with father and mother." As Tara said this, Ikuto was thankful his parents decided t have a trip of their own for the day.

"That's true." Said Ikuto and he asked her "Aren't you going to tell her?"

"Tell her?" asked Tara confused.