Chapter 23: No Matter Who You Are: I Love You

No Matter Who You Are: I Love You

Amu stood there shocked. Her eyes were wide and she had no idea what she just got herself into. She stared at Ikuto who only smirked at her in return. When she found her voice she asked "W-what did you just do?"

"Hm, I'd have to say I kissed you." He replied with a smirk.

Amu gave him a glare and replied "I know that!"

"Then why did you have to ask?" asked Ikuto with a shrug, he was teasing her again.

"I meant, why did you do that?" she asked him again.

"Because…" Ikuto sighed and replied "I told you. I love you."

"What?" she asked him shocked. "B-but…" she was blushing like mad. "No…he can't possibly mean that…" she thought to herself.

Ikuto looked at her seriously now. "Amu, is that really so hard to believe? The fact that I love you?"

"It's not that…I…" she didn't know what to tell him. She knew that she felt the same way, she knew she couldn't deny it, but still…

"Then why?" asked Ikuto "Amu, what's wrong?"

"This…this whole thing is wrong." She told him seriously "You can't love me!" her voice was cracking now.

"And why not?" asked Ikuto confused.

"Because….because no one would ever allow it…no one…" she told him, she was breaking down and soon, she could no longer stop tears from running down her face.

"Allow it?" asked Ikuto "You're worried about what my parents are going to think aren't you?" he told her.

"Shouldn't you?" she asked him a bit shocked that it looked like it didn't even matter to him what his parents thought.

Ikuto chuckled, he wiped Amu's tears away and spoke softly "This is my choice, my parents have nothing to do with it. They do maybe a little, but they can't really tell me not to love you can they?"

"But they'll never allow this. It's crazy!" protested Amu.

"Can I ask you something first?" asked Ikuto suddenly.

"Huh?" asked Amu confused.

"Did you regret it?" he asked her.

"Regret it?" asked Amu "Regret what?"

"The fact that I kissed you earlier. Do you regret it? Me doing that?" he asked her. He wanted an answer, he wanted to know if she really did feel the same way. She did kiss back didn't she?

"I…" Amu looked away and couldn't answer.

"Please just tell me if you regret it or not. If you don't want to answer that then at least tell me if you feel the same way. Because if you don't, then I promise, I'll never bother you again." Stated Ikuto, and Amu could see that he was serious about it.

It took a while but Amu was soon able to answer anyway "I…no…I don't regret it at all."

"But?" asked Ikuto.

"But can you blame me for being worried?" she asked him "I…don't even know why you love me. Not that I'm anything special anyway…"

"Don't say that." Ikuto told her. "You are something special Amu, at least you are to me…." He said with a smile.

Amu blushed again and spoke "Can you s-stop that? Man, I just don't get you."

"So…you're willing to give me a chance then?" asked Ikuto with another smirk.