Chapter 24: Sudden Confessions, Mai's Plans & Tara's Warnings

Sudden Confessions, Mai's Plans & Tara's Warnings

Ikuto and Amu were now inseparable. They were always together and Ikuto never left her side, the people in the palace have been noticing a huge change between both Ikuto and Utau. They've been the topic of most of the maids and even the other workers. Ikuto would always follow Amu around and would play the violin for her whenever she wished to hear it. Utau on the other hand made it a habit to visit the town, and of course, the Soumas.

Among all the people that have been noticing these changes, Mai and Ryo were filled with jealousy. Ryo didn't know anything about Kukai and he didn't get why Utau always wanted to go to the town. Mai hated Amu, she wanted so much to get rid of Amu but couldn't because she knew Ikuto would defend her.

"I don't get it! Why won't he talk to me?" Mai shrieked. She was with Ryo and Tara in their room. Tara just sighed an ignored her sister again and began reading a book.

"Oh come on Mai, at least you know why he's avoiding you. It's just because of that pink-headed girl he found." Said Ryo as he rolled his eyes "I don't even know why Utau keeps going back there to that useless town. It's been three days already."

It really has been three days. Three days since Kukai had confessed to her and she gladly returned his feelings. Utau hasn't ever spoke to the incident about anyone, not even Ikuto. Ryo's been suspicious and he wanted to find out what was going on, but Utau wouldn't even get near him now.

"Something's wrong with him, and I'm going to find out what." Declared Mai as she stormed out the room.

Tara looked up from her book and saw that Ryo had left not long after Mai did. She sighed and whispered to herself "I better keep an eye on them. Who knows what they're going to do if I don't…"

Meanwhile with Utau

Utau went to go see Ikuto, who she highly suspected was with Amu…again. Of course, she was right about that, anyone who had eyes could easily see that the two would never split. She saw them fooling around again and Ikuto was teasing Amu to no end.

"Looks like things haven't changed even after what happened between you two." Stated Utau with a light laugh.

"Utau, what are you doing here?" asked Amu.

"Am I not wanted?" asked Utau teasingly.

"W-what? N-no, of course you are, but I was just…" Amu was stuttering again and she didn't know what to say.

"I was only kidding Amu, no worries." Smiled Utau.

"So, what brings you here today?" asked Ikuto suspiciously. "Don't tell me you're planning to head to the town again are you? You've been doing that for three consecutive days now. Why's that I wonder…." He asked.

"I do enjoy going there you know, but sadly today I can't. We only have a few more days before the ball and we can't go anywhere apparently for today." She told her brother "And one more thing…"

"Which is?" asked Ikuto, he had a bad feeling about this.

"Mother and father want us to go with some kind of meeting with them today….so, Amu has to stay here." Stated Utau.

Ikuto sighed "Can't we just skip? We always do, don't we?" he asked.

"Not like they're going to let you skip anyway." Stated Utau "If we could skip, I wouldn't even be telling you this."

"Fine." Grumbled Ikuto, he seriously didn't want to leave Amu for something that he felt wasn't that important to begin with. "When do we leave?" he asked.