Chapter 19: The Visit and The Talk

The Visit and The Talk

It was early in the morning, about six or seven to be precise. Ran, Miki, and Su were cleaning the house when the bell of the mansion rung. Dia went to answer the door and it revealed a man, dressed in fancy clothing, and not to mention a really expensive looking carriage behind the man.

"Yes sir? What may I do for you?" asked Dia kindly. She's never in her life seen this man before.

"Ahem." The man cleared his throat before speaking. "I am here to be of service to one named Miss Dia and company."

"Um…that would be me." Said Dia "I'm Dia, what can I do for you kind sir?" she asked confused.

"Our beloved Hime-sama has asked me to fetch you all, and humbly to escort you to the palace right away." Said the man. "I am to be the coachman for your travel to the palace."

Dia stared at the man for a few seconds and soon asked "Are you saying….Utau-san sent you?"

"Yes, that's precisely the reason why I'm here." He replied.

"And to make things clear…you're here to take us to the royal palace?" Dia asked again.

"Yes madam, I am." He replied again. "Was this quite unexpected?" he asked her.

"Quite." Replied Dia. "Would it be alright if I called the others first? I hope it won't be any trouble."

"No, of course not, do take your time." Said the coachman with a smile.

"Thank you very much….I'll be back in a while." Then Dia bowed, and went away to fetch everyone else with the shocking news.

Dia briskly walked into the halls and called out the names of all her friends. She waited until all of them were present in the halls and then soon Miki asked. "What's the matter? Who was at the door?"

"The royal coachman, or I think that's him…" said Dia. As said, she's never seen him before so she really couldn't be too sure.

"What's someone like him doing here?" asked Rima "Something he wanted to deliver maybe?" she guessed.

Dia shook her head and replied. "No that's not it. Utau-san happened to send him here."

"You're kidding right? What for?" asked Ran.

"Remember when she asked us if we wanted to go to the palace?" asked Dia and they all nodded their heads in reply. "Apparently, she was quite serious about that."

All of them stayed silent for a minute then ended up yelling "WHAT!"

"Y-you mean…that man…" started Ran pointing at the door, "Is here, now to fetch us?" she then pointed to herself and the others.

"That's what he said." replied Dia. "Looks like when Utau-san says something, she really means it."

"Yeah, that's how it would seem." Agreed Nagihiko. "Are you sure he's here for us?" he asked again.

"Absolutely, I asked him multiple times about it, and he kept saying yes. He even mentioned my name." said Dia.

"Well? What do you guys plan to do about it?" asked Miki "Should we go or not? If that's really what he's here for then Utau seriously must be waiting for us."

"I want to go." Said Rima "Amu's there remember? This might be our only chance to see her in a while."

"I do miss Amu-chan very much~desu." Said Su "I'd like to see her now too."

"Well, if you guys put it that way, is there really a reason to say no?" asked Ran. "If it's the one chance we'll get, we might as well take it."

"I agree with her. Amu-chan is our friend after all. Utau-chan is just giving us a great opportunity." Said Nagihiko with a smile "And I doubt she'd like it if we turned her down."