Chapter 31: I'm Home

I'm Home

Ikuto followed Amu outside of the bakery. She near a small bench and there was a huge tree right beside it. Amu looked around and saw that there was no one in that area, so she sighed in relief.

"Amu…" she heard Ikuto call her name again.

Amu turned around and faced Ikuto, but she couldn't dare look at him. She felt so happy when she saw him, but now, she didn't even know what to say. She felt bad that she ran away, torn that she couldn't see him anymore, but now that he was right there in front of her…she was just speechless.

Ikuto gave out a sigh and spoke "Come on Amu, we can't go on like this forever, you know that. You have to talk to me one way or another, because I'm not leaving unless you do."

"Why won't you ever give up?" Amu muttered, but to her misfortune, Ikuto still heard.

He raised an eyebrow and asked "Do you…want me to leave you here?" he felt pained that she didn't want to go with him.

"…" Amu didn't reply to his question "I should have never said anything…I should have just kept quiet." she thought to herself.

"Amu, please?" For once he wished she wouldn't be so stubborn. I mean, he's been reduced to saying please and almost begging to have her come back. Why she can't see that, he can't figure out.

"Why?" Amu finally asked.

"Why what?" asked Ikuto as he looked at her. Still, she refused to make eye contact.

"Why did you follow me here? Why did you even bother to find me?" yelled Amu, she looked at him and she seemed angry.

"Did you no want me to follow you?" asked Ikuto, he knew that she said she didn't want to be followed, but he refused to believe that.

"Yes! I wanted you to leave me alone!" replied Amu.

"Did you really Amu?" Ikuto asked again, he was not going to let her get off that easily. If he had to, he was going to make her brake her charade right there.

"I wrote it in my note didn't I?" said Amu "I told you not to follow me, not to look for me."

"Yes…" stated Ikuto "…you did…"

"Then why?" asked Amu angrily "Why are you here? Leave me alone Ikuto!"

"Why?" asked Ikuto "What are you talking about? Even if you did tell me not to look for you, tell me something else…when did I ever listen to you?" he asked with a smirk.

"…" Amu stayed silent and looked at him wide-eyed. He never really did listen to her, maybe sometimes, but…

"Well? Besides, even if I did listen to you before, this is one big exception." Said Ikuto "Did you honestly think that I would let you just run off without some kind of explanation?" he asked her.

"…" Amu still remained silent and didn't answer.

"Amu, what were you thinking?" asked Ikuto, he was dead serious now.

"What do I have to do?" asked Amu.

"Hm?" asked Ikuto confused "What do you mean?"

"What do I have to do to make you leave me here? To make you go away?" asked Amu, she wasn't looking at him again.

"…" Ikuto stayed silent for a while. He was really feeling pain that she wouldn't listen to reason.

"Well?" asked Amu again.

Ikuto sighed and spoke "Alright, then tell me, give me a good reason why you left. Why you want to stay and not go back."

"Because…." Amu started. She didn't know what to tell him, she knew that if she told him the truth, he'd make her go back with him somehow.