Chapter 33: Can't A Guy Propose?!

Can't A Guy Propose?!

The Hinamori mansion was buzzing with excitement. True to their word, Dia and the others did more than just find clues against the Yamabukis while Amu was gone. They also filed files in which Amu was able to get back the inheritance that was rightfully hers. Ami was finally able to return to the mansion with her sister, and the Yamabukis were no longer allowed to step foot inside the mansion. Ever again.

Su was in the kitchen preparing a healthy breakfast for the whole 'family' when Kukai and Daichi had arrived. Kukai had received a little letter from the palace that they were all invited to dinner that night, and he came over to relay the news.

"So, all of us are supposed to o to the palace tonight then?" asked Rima. They were now in the dinning hall of the mansion eating a meal together after such a long time.

"Yeah." Said Kukai with a nod "It's nothing fancy, or so they say, they just want us there that's all."

"It could have something to do with Ikuto and Amu-chan being back." Said Nagihiko with a smile.

"Could be." Said Rima in agreement. "And look who finally woke up." Rima turned to Amu, who just got down. She slept late, and therefore, woke up quite late too.

"And to think this was our first breakfast together like this in a while too." Teased Miki "Amu-chan, you sure have a time for choosing when to wake up late."

"Hey, I was tired from that long trip." Said Amu with a pout.

"You wouldn't be if you didn't bother to run somewhere…" said Ran with a sigh.

"Come on Ran, she couldn't help it." Muttered Daichi.

"I know…" replied Ran.

"So…what's new?" asked Amu as Su gave her the meal for the day. "Thanks Su."

"Welcome Amu-chan." Replied Su before she sat down beside Dia.

"Kukai just came here to bring us some news." Said Dia with a smile "We're going to the palace toning."

"Oh? Why?" asked Amu confused.

"They're inviting us for dinner." Said Kukai with a smile "That, and Tsukiyomi wants to see you too."

"They can't leave the palace today?" asked Amu. She was a bit sad that she'd have to wait until later to meet Ikuto.

"Nope. They have some things to assists. That's what it says in the letter. Apparently, you can't go in there to see him either." Said Kukai.

"Now this is odd." Said Nagihiko "Why wouldn't Amu-chan be allowed to see Ikuto-kun when she wants to?" he asked.

"No clue. All I know is, they're trying to keep people away from the palace for a while. For some odd reason, the royals want their privacy." Kukai replied.

"Sounds fair." Agreed Rima "I mean, their son did just get back from a trip searching for Amu. Plus the fact of what happened with that ball."

"Yes. It would seem that some things have yet to be resolved." Said Dia. "We're lucky enough to have gotten the inheritance back with their help."

"Well, they owe Amu-chan that much don't they?" said Daichi as he ate. "Man this stuff is good." He commented with a smile.

"Isn't it always?" said Amu as she looked at Su "As long as Su made it, it's bound to be delicious."

"Thank you Amu-chan." Said Su with a slight blush of embarrassment.

"Well, it's all true you know." Said Amu.