Chapter 34: Love In The Most Unexpected Places

Love In The Most Unexpected Places

Ikuto stayed there frozen, not knowing if he seriously heard right. Did Amu just say yes to him? Was this just some silly dream and one moment later he was suddenly going to wake up? He hoped that this was real. And he wanted more than anything for it to be.

"Amu? What did you say?" he asked.

Amu giggled and she had tears flowing from her eyes. He hoped to know that they were tears of joy and not of pain. Amu's had enough crying because of pain. "Ikuto…" she started "I said yes."

"…" Ikuto remained silent, it was as if he knew she had more to say to him.

"I would be more than happy to marry you…." Amu laughed a little, but she didn't stop there. "…you perverted cat…." She added in the end.

"…" Still, it was as if time had stopped in his world. He wasn't able to make a move.

"Oi! Tsukiyomi! What are you staring for? Hurry up and put the ring on her finger!" It was Kukai and it seemed like he and the others wanted Ikuto to hurry and get things over with.

Ikuto blinked before coming back to reality and he seemed to have heard what Kukai just said. He looked up at Amu and smiled. Ikuto took her hand and placed the ring on her ring finger.

"Looks like you're back Ikuto." Said Amu with a smile.

Ikuto stood up after that and pulled Amu into a hug. "Yeah I am." He whispered in her hair. "You don't know how happy you just made me."

"I think I do…" replied Amu "I'm just as happy as you are right now, or maybe even happier." She told him.

"You deserve more than this. You deserve to be happy." Said Ikuto.

The two of them stayed in each other's arms, in a loving embrace, but it was soon broken when loud cheers were heard in the background.

"About time you two!" yelled Kukai.

Ikuto and Amu turned to see all their friends in the background cheering for them. Amu blushed a deep shade of red while Ikuto tightened his grip around his princess. They were both happy, and they wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Their friends approached them and were all smiling. Yaya was the first one to speak after a few moments of silence. "Ne, Ikuto-kun…" she started.

"Yeah?" Ikuto stared at her questioningly and asked.

"Sorry about blowing your plans like that. I didn't know…" apologized Yaya.

Ikuto simply smiled "It's alright. No harm done. Besides…" Ikuto looked at Amu and kissed her head "She still said yes, and that's what matters now…"

"You're lucky she said yes, or it could have been one ugly sight." Said Utau "And you're lucky to have someone like Amu."

"Yeah I am…I really am…" agreed Ikuto with a smile again.

"Man, you're turning into a softie aren't you Tsukiyomi?" teased Kukai with a slight laugh.

Ikuto grinned "Don't even think about it like that. This can only last for so long…" said Ikuto.

"Congratulations." Said Rima suddenly "I'm happy for the both of you."

"Thanks Rima." Replied Amu silently, she was still hugging Ikuto.

"Hey, Tsukiyomi." Called Rima seriously.

"What is it?" asked Ikuto, he was being asked a lot of questions now.