Chapter 32: Reunion At Last!

Reunion At Last!

In the palace, Kukai was once again with Utau. They had just left the throne room after a quick chat with king Aruto and queen Souko. Kukai was still a bit nervous around them, ever since he had that talk with them in the dinning hall, he didn't really know what they thought about him. Kukai and Utau walked out of the throne room and decided to go for a quick walk around the palace.

"Kukai…" started Utau, she knew that he wasn't acting himself.

"Yeah?" asked Kukai as he looked at her.

"Something the matter?" she asked "You're not being yourself today."

"Aren't I?" asked Kukai with a questioning tone.

Utau rolled her eyes and spoke, she knew that he knew what she was talking about. "Come on Kukai, you know what I'm talking about."

Kukai laughed nervously and he sweat dropped "Alright, alright you got me." He told her with a smile.

"So? What's the problem?" asked Utau confused.

"Just thinking about the talk we had with your parents. Not exactly something I cam forget so quickly." He told her.

Utau looked at him and she blinked "You're worried…? About what my parents think about you?" she asked.

"Kind of…maybe? I don't really know myself." Said Kukai "I was dead nervous sitting there you know."

Utau let out a laugh "You? Nervous? Never thought I'd see the day."

"Come on Utau, no joke." Replied Kukai with a grin "Even I get nervous. I am just human after all."

"Of course you are. I never said that you weren't. I never saw you as the kind of person that would get nervous about simple things like this." Said Utau with a shrug.

"Right…." Replied Kukai with a slight laugh. Kukai quieted down a few more seconds later and asked "So, when do you think they'll be back here?"

"You mean Ikuto and Amu?" she asked knowingly.

"Yeah…it has been a few days you know." He stated with a shrug.

"Do you doubt them?" asked Utau, she knew he would never loose hope in them coming back, she just wanted to make sure.

"Course not. This is your brother and Hinamori we're talking about here. Who'd give up on them?" said Kukai.

"True…" agreed Utau and then she answered. "But…who knows? It might be days, months, weeks, possibly even years, but I know Ikuto will find her. He won't come back without her…I know it."

"He better not." Said Kukai with a grin. "Or me and Nagi just might give the guy a good beating when he gets here."

"Hmp. You mean to tell me that you think you stand a fighting chance against Ikuto?" asked Utau teasingly.

"Oh? You don't think so?" asked Kukai.

"Well, he might be a prince, but you should already know that…Ikuto isn't your average prince." Said Utau.

"Yeah, but we aren't your average villagers either. After everything we've been through…" replied Kukai.

"I suppose so…" agreed Utau.

Even though it's been days since it all happened, it was still to shocking. The other townsfolk couldn't believe the fact that Mai and her brother were behind all the dilemmas that many have been facing. Truly, what has happened might never be forgotten, for it's already left it's mark on the people. Especially those who were involved…