Chapter 25: New Experiences with Another Twist!

New Experiences with Another Twist!

It was only one more day before the awaited ball. Everyone was thrilled to bits by the news. The royals as well, were thrilled, mostly the king and queen. Ikuto and Utau were not as excited. The only reason they wanted the ball is because Kukai and the rest of their friends were coming along, other than that they'd rather be locked in a room.

As of now, Ikuto was free to do as he wished. He and Utau had been granted freedom for the day since they had to attend a ball the next day. Ikuto spent his time, as much time as he could, with Amu.

"Hm, so far, Mai hasn't done anything reckless." Said Ikuto then he asked "You aren't hiding anything are you?"

"No, of course not." Amu replied as she shook her head in response. "Why would I?" she asked confused.

"I figured that if Mai said anything, you'd end up hiding it from me since you don't want to get anyone else involved." Ikuto replied with a shrug.

"I could do that…" started Amu.

"Oh no, don't you even think about doing something like that." Said Ikuto "It's not going to help anybody, not even you."

"I know okay, you don't have to panic." Smiled Amu. "But I don't want you to get hurt though." She admitted.

"You know she won't be able to hurt me either way." Said Ikuto "You should worry more about what could happen to you."

"That's easier said than done Ikuto. I do worry about you and everyone else too you know." She replied with a pout.

Ikuto smiled at her reaction, then he held her tight and spoke "There's nothing wrong with worrying about others, but you also have to worry about what can happen to you." He paused for a moment and faced her completely "Listen, I just don't want you to end up getting hurt Amu."

Amu held his hands with hers and smiled "Thank you for worrying about me. I promise to be careful. I really will, so please, don't worry too much okay?"

"Hm, alright, just don't do anything reckless." Replied Ikuto.

"I won't." She told him with another smile.

The two of them continued to talk while walking around the palace. Because the two were always together, there were times that gossip could already be heard. The maids and the rest of the workers would whisper things like….

"Oh there they are again. The prince sure pays a lot of attention to her. They're always together it's like they're both inseparable. "

"Do you think it's possible that he feels attracted to her?"

"No! The king and queen would never allow such a thing. But still, he's never paid so much attention to anyone."

"The prince is in love! Magnificent!"

"And she's such a nice girl too. I wonder how long it's been…"

These things would be the main topic most of the time, especially now that the ball is on its way. So, as Ikuto and Amu were walking around, it was no longer new to them that people were gossiping about them and what they were doing. To Amu and Ikuto, they'd spend as much time as they could before the ball.

While Amu and Ikuto spend their time together, Utau had her own agenda. She would go to town as always. Her routine was simple, she'd go to town, and mainly, she'd visit Kukai and then everyone else.

Today was no different. Utau had decided to go to town, and she was going to spend her free time today to the fullest. "Today is the last day I have of freedom before that ball, and I am not going to let anyone ruin it for me, especially not Ryo." She told herself. This was the main reason why Utau had decided to leave early.