Chapter 35: Finale: One Step Closer to Tomorrow

Finale: One Step Closer to Tomorrow

It's been about a week since Kukai proposed. News of the wedding spread through the kingdom like wildfire. Many people, were truly shocked. From finding out that the Hinamori sisters were alive, the fact that the Yamabukis were a cause, and that someone with Kukai's status was allowed to marry their princess, it was certainly big news for everyone.

Wedding preparations are being done, both for Utau and Amu. Many expected a double wedding, or something of the sort, but Utau disagreed to the idea. She stated that this comes only once in a lifetime for everyone, and that both of them needed to make it last. She wanted Amu's wedding to focus only on Amu and Ikuto and same with her and Kukai. She didn't want one couple to…outshine the other. So, she proposed a separate wedding, so both of them could have a special day that was…just for them and no one else.

The town was bustling with people, especially in the Souma's restaurant. People from near and far came to greet Kukai. As expected though, Kukai didn't like all the attention all that much, he was a simple guy and didn't want any part in some kind of gossip.

"Man, you'd think they all have better things to do that come all the way here to interrogate me." Said Kukai with a sigh as he spoke to Daichi in the kitchen.

"Well, it's a small price to pay for being engaged to Utau-chan. I mean, it's not every day that the kingdom's one and only princess becomes your fiancée." Said Daichi with a grin.

"Funny. You'd think these people could go away." Sighed Kukai. He was exhausted in entertaining customers who wanted him to do more than just be their waiter and cook them food.

"I know you're tired bro, but bear with it for…I don't know…a few more hours?" said Daichi "This is the last shift for today."

"That's the best thing you know?" said Kukai.

"But you have to admit, there's a great deal of things you got out of all this." Said Daichi.

"Like what?" asked Kukai confused as he continued to wash some of the dishes.

"Well, you got Utau to say yes to you didn't you? And, not to mention you get to cut shifts here every day because of the wedding preparations. What's good about this is, you work less, but get more customers because of this news!" said Daichi with a grin.

"And all I have to do is endure it all." Groaned Kukai. He knew Daichi had a fair point, a rather good one. They earned more now than they used to because of the news that scattered around, plus they work less too.

"It's a good thing that Amu-chan doesn't have to go through this." Said Daichi "Nor does Ikuto-san."

"That's just cause the guy doesn't work. He's a royal by blood after all." Said Kukai. "Plus, Hinamori has her own agenda that she has to deal with right now, especially after all that's happened."

"Yeah, but Utau-chan told you not to work too genius." Said Daichi "And you said you wanted to work, when she didn't want you to."

"I just told her I couldn't give this business up." Said Kukai.

"Yeah, but didn't you guys get into some short argument after that?" asked Daichi as he thought back to what happened.

"Hey she started that." Replied Kukai with a slight laugh.

"I remember it as if it was just last week…" said Daichi.

Kukai laughed "It was last week Daichi. Remember? It happened about two days after I proposed to her."

"Oh yeah…" replied Daichi as he remembered. "How'd it happen again?"

"Well…." As Kukai reminisced, their little fight went something like this….