Chapter 6

~Roxie's P.O.V.~

As I made my way through every room, I took in every detail. I just loved it.

Everyone was now upstairs. I came into a hallway with Liam and he sudenly raised his hand signaling me to stop.

"I have something to show you." He said as he headed over to a door and grasped the nob. "Are you ready?" I looked to me like a large closet.

"Umm. Is there something special in that closet?" I asked shaking my head questioningly. Liam laughed and shook his head. He opened the door and I realized what it was.

"An elevator?" I said shocked and got closer to get a better look. I stared at it like an idiot. I've never seen an elevator in a house before. I always needed help getting up and down the stairs in my chair at home but now everything seemed like it would be easier here.

"Well, would you like to try it out?" Liam asked motioning me towards the elevator. I stared at him in shock.

"Liam how did you guys find this place? I mean. You guys found a cottage with an elevator in it, and we're right by the beach, which is my favorite place in the world. How did you know?" I sputtered.

"Well... You see Paul and I talked to your dad. He told us a bit about you and that you were in a wheelchair. It took Paul forever to find this place but he found it. You like?" He asked smiling.

"It-I-Just..."I stammered and closed my mouth in frustration from not being able to form a sentence. Liam laughed. I smiled at him then stared at the floor, blushing. "Thank you." I mumbled. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to say.

"Don't thank me thank Paul." Liam replied.

"Okay fine. I'll thank Paul when I see him. If I get to see him." I replied sassily.

I heard someone come down the stairs and come in the hall were Liam and I were. It was Zayn.

"Hey guys are you coming up? I could give you a piggy back ride if you like Roxie." Zayn said happily.

"Well I was going to use the elevator... But I guess I could do it later. Is that okay Liam?" I asked hoping he wouldn't be mad. Liam shrugged and closed the door to the elevator. "Okay." I nodded at Liam then turned my attention to Zayn. "Sure Zayn, I'd love a piggy back ride. I haven't had one in a while." I bit my lip, regretting those last words that came out and mentally slapped myself. The last person to give me a piggy back was Tyler. I shook my head trying to clear it.

"Roxie are you okay?" Zayn asked as he knelt down beside me so I could get on his back.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied as I rapped my arms around his neck. He stood up and lifted me up a bit and held onto my thighs so I didn't fall.

"You good?" He asked turning his head to look at me.

"Yup." I nodded. Zayn turned to glance at Liam then began heading toward the stairs. Zayn hopped up the stairs and I glanced back to see Liam slowly trudging up the stairs behind us. I could see sadness in his eyes and he was staring down at the stairs. I wondered what was wrong with him. I turned my attention back to where we were going and my chin lightly brushed against Zayn's hair causing me to laugh then it turned into giggles.

"What's so funny?" Zayn asked turning his head to me.

"Your hair..." I laughed.

"What's wrong with my hair?" He asked letting go of one of my legs and reached for his head. I had a mini heart-attack as I fell off his back and strong arms caught me before I hit the floor, or rather the stairs. I leaned my head back to see Liam staring at me with a worried expression. My heart began pound and the sound of it rang in my ears.