Chapter 9

~Liam's P.O.V.~

I ran out the back door after Roxie and looked for her on the deck. I expected her to be there but she wasn't. I didn't think she'd be that fast to disappear. I looked around and noticed that one of the pillows from the swinging bench was on the floor. I dusted it off and set in back on the bench then went to the rail and scanned the back yard for any sign of her and her chair caught my eye. It was by a tree close to the beach.

I ran over to it and stopped in my tracks when I heard her crying softly. I couldn't see her; I could only hear. I took a couple steps forward and stopped again when I could see her. She was on the ground, leaning against the tree with tears streaming down her face. I felt even worse for what I did by seeing her like that. Why did I have to snoop? Stupid me. I had to pick up her phone when it rang, and then show it to everyone what I read. Why did I do that?

Roxie hiccupped when she took deep breathes and started to wipe her tears away. The look on her face made me want to go up and hug her and tell her I was sorry, but my legs wouldn't do what my brain was telling them to. I let out a shaky breath and felt tears welling up in my eyes. I whimpered and bit my trembling lip. I felt that bad for what I did that I was beginning cry.

"Liam?" Roxie called when she noticed me. Her voice was raspy and lower than usual. I knelt in front of her, cupping my hand on her cheek and stared into her eyes.

"Roxie, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to snoop. I didn't mean to hurt you." Tears were streaming down both our faces. I sniffled as she placed her hand on mine that was on her cheek then turned her head to kiss it.

"I forgive you. And I'm sorry I yelled at you. Forgive me please?" I nodded and gave her a hug. We sat there in each other's arms for a few minutes then I pulled away and stared into her eyes again. One could get so lost in those hazel brown eyes of hers. I soon found myself leaning in slowly and I stared at her lips. At the moment I thought of kissing her. I knew I was falling for her. I wanted to help heal her pain. I wanted to love her.

I leaned in closer and closer till our noses were touching. Roxie was breathing out of her mouth and I could feel the warmth of her breath on my lips. I knew then that I was in love with her. I wanted to hug her and kiss her and tell her everything would be ok. She stared at my lips as I brushed my nose against her. She took sharp breath in and pulled away suddenly.

~Rachel's P.O.V.~

Louis, Harry and I were at the window, watching Liam and Roxie. Liam was leaning in to kiss her. I thought it might be too soon for him to be doing something like that. I mean, it was only a few weeks ago that Roxie broke up with Tyler. But what could I do. I did kinda want to see them do something cute but it just seemed to soon. I stomped my foot when Roxie pulled away.

"Damn it." I mumbled. Soon I became bored with watching Roxie and Liam do nothing but stare at each other so I went back into the family room. Louis followed in behind me and played video games with me for a while as we waited for everyone to come back from wherever they were.

"Why were you at the window earlier?" Zayn asked us when he came into the room and sat on the floor in front of the other couch.

"Oh nothing." I said smirking at Louis as he tried to stifle a laugh. A few minutes later Liam came in follow by Roxie. She sat on the couch and Zayn moved in front of her so his back was against her legs. I was glad Harry and Louis didn't ask any questions about what happened. It would be so embarrassing. Not only for Liam and Roxie, but for me too. I didn't want Liam and Roxie to know I was snooping on them.

Roxie smiled at Zayn and we began playing COD. Almost two hours went by and we were still playing the same game, except it was zombie killing time now. Zayn was such a klutz though. He kept needing someone to revive him for close to the zombie or getting himself cornered. Louis and I were on one team and Zayn and Harry were on the other.