Chapter 17

Megan POV.

Back at home it's chaos as my mom is trying to organize a dinner for tonight.

"Mom? What's going on?" I call from the front door as I walk in.
"Yes! And I will need the roses on the fire place top!"
"Mom. Hello? It's me, Megan, your only daughter and favorite child!" I put my bag on the counter.
"Wha- oh Megan dear! Where's the caterer!" She runs her hands through her short brown hair.
"Mom," I wave my hands, trying to calm her down," I'm gonna put the kettle on, Ok?"

I walk over to the kettle and pick it up off its stand, I lean over to the sink and pour some water into it.
"Mom! English breakfast or Earl Grey?" I shout over my shoulder.
"Oh um, Earl grey please dear!"

I grab two cups and open the tin of earl grey teabags. I put one in and close the tin. I reach up to the top shelf and grab the hot chocolate from where we hide it from Max.
I take two teaspoons and place the one in my mothers cup, I grab the kettle from where it was whistling on its stand and pour the hot water into the two cups. I stir the hot chocolate powder in to my cup and grab the milk for my mom.

"Mom! Come get your tea!".
"On my way!"

I allow my self a smile of satisfaction and put the tins back in their places.
She walks over and pours the milk into her cup. I pick up the milk and place it back in the fridge.
She takes a long sip and sighs deeply.

"Mom, where is Max?" I ask, having not seen the little rascal since this morning.
She raises her eyebrows as if surprised,"Oh Francis took him to the petting zoo. Why do you ask?"
"I just wanted to know where he was. Why do you ask?" I challenged her, raising my eyebrows back at her.
"Well, you don't usually ask for your brother."
I scoff and say in a posh English accent,"Mother you must learn the art of loving and leaving, when you love them very much but you leave them alone." I look at her with an amused yet challenging look on my face,
She looks a bit lost for words and momentarily flustered.
"Very well then." She raised her nose in the air and walked off, tea in hand.

I smile and turn away to tidy up the counter, sipping my hot chocolate while doing so.

A\N
Hey guys, short-ish chapter. Just a filler. I try to make my chapters around 500 words, one of them was over 700!!
So anyway, I changed tho cover, I hope you like it! I wanted it to be more simple. You are welcome to send me your own covers though. I can't believe we that we have almost 250 reads!! Last time I checked it was 48!
I love you guys!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx