•Uno•

||Ethan||

I looked at myslef in the mirror. New house, new country, new school, new family, new life, new name and identity.

I fixed my tie and blazer then put my shoes on. Why do you have to wear uniform in England?

I sat on my bed, facing the cream wall opposite as I thought about all that had happened in the past 3 months.

Flashback

"Two local boys, Ethan and Grayson Dolan have been missing for a week now, presumed dead." I rolled my eyes and switched the tv off.

"I hate your jobs. Not only are you hurting me and Gray but you're hurting our friends too."

"I'm so sorry sweetie. Look we will meet up with you every holiday and we will Skype and all." My mom walked over to me, her black boots clicking against the polished marble floor.

I shook my head out of my daze and picked my bag up.

"Morning Spencer." I walked into the kitchen and saw my 'parents' having breakfast.

"Can't you call me Ethan here, I really don't like that name. Spencer's too... English." I sat down on a chair and started eating an apple.

"Look Spencer, it's going to be hard for all of us, including your real family but we're just going to have to do what they told us to. You andHayden-"

"His name is Grayson. Not Hayden." I interrupted my 'dad'

"As I was saying, you and Hayden were in serious danger. It was something that had to be done, to save the both of you."

"Whatever. I've been here 1 month and a bit, I still need to get used to it. Who is taking me to school?" I got up on my feet and walked to the door, grabbing my coat as I went- it was quite warm now but you can't trust English weather.

"I am. Now let's go." My 'mom' opened the door and unlocked the car. I sat in the passenger seat and waited for her to get it before I spoke. "So what are you to me? Adoptive parents? Or we're a family that moved from New Jersey to here?"

"Well we were told that me and Oliver went over to America, had you and stayed there 16 years before coming back home to England with you." She pulled out the drive and I started mapping this unknown route to my new unknown school.

"Ok. Just recapping, my name is Spencer Platt. You, Julie Platt and your husband, Oliver Platt are my parents. I have no siblings and our close family isn't very close."

"You got it Spence. Now remember, don't mention Hayden, your real parents, the missing case or anything to do with the real reason you're here. Oh and I'm a Lawyer and Oli is a co- deputy manager of an I.T company, hence the traveling." She tapped the steering wheel as we waited at a red light. I looked around and saw the school.

"Well they gave you rather high end jobs." I chuckled. Julie smiled and looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry you've had a messy and confusing life Spence. Your parents should have thought about their job before having kids. I wonder why they didn't."

"My thoughts everytime I look in the mirror." I scoffed.

We parked outside the school and got out. The first step onto the school grounds made me want to run to a bridge and jump off; ending all this unnecessary nonsense.

We entered into the office and the head teacher came in welcoming us. They told Julie to go to work and they handed me my timetable, a member of staff then lead me to my form room.

The door opened at the 30 odd students turned and looked at me.

I really want to go to that bridge

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So I decided to unpublish this book then republish it chapter by chapter with slight adjustments. The cast and their names will stay the same as before. Basically everything's the same except there will be a fee tweaks here and there.

Ok so at this point the story doesn't make much sense, but it will shortly.

Amelia 👻