•Dieciséis•

Hold on to your seats, this chapter is really gonna get crazy🙃

-quite a few weeks later, last week of August-
//Mack//

Year 11 got the results today. I couldn't be happier with my results. A*s and As all round. Overall we all did amazing, Joyce got a C in Maths but she'll get over it.

That was this morning. Now I'm at Spencer's house watching a movie.
"It's getting later now, should we get food?" He asked playing with my hair.
"Hmm yeah. Just order some pizza." He got up and went off downstairs.

Me being me, I got my phone out and started messing around with the snapchat filters. His room has the perfect lighting.

I sat up from my slouching position so I wouldn't have a double chin in my selfies, but then I felt something prick me.
"Ow what the fuck." I muttered to myself as I put my phone down and looked at my hand. There was a small paper cut along the top of my wrist.

I blew on it and looked under the pillow to see what caused it. I pulled out a very worn diary.

I traced the engraving on the brown leather front with my finger. It said Ethan Dolan on the front... Who the hell is that?

I listened out and heard Spencer still on the phone downstairs.

I tried putting the diary back where I found it but curiosity got the better of me and I opened it up.

The first page was an entry was from December 16th.... His birthday.

Dear Diary...

This is the last birthday I'm going to have with my real family in how ever long it may be.

I spent most of the day with Cam and Gray. They're all I need.

Moving to England won't be an adventure as everyone is telling me. If they think it is going to be fun, why don't they go.

I thought I head Spencer coming up the stairs so I slammed the book shut and put it back under the pillow.

I sat silently for a few seconds but then I realised I must have imagined it.

I opened up the book again to another page. This had newspaper articles and pictures stuck down and loose.

There were loads of pictures of Spencer and a girl and... Another Spencer?

I picked up one of the paper cut outs and read the headline

'ETHAN AND GRAYSON DOLAN MISSING'

I skim read the article and several others.

All the information added up.

Whenever I said 'Ethan', Spencer would get uncomfortable.
He's very often almost slipped the fact he has a brother.

Plus 'Spencer' is from New Jersey and so is 'Ethan'.

I sat there staring at the evidence before me. I was more than stunned.

I quickly put some articles into my bag to research later, closed the diary and put it back.

I heard the door open and my breathing hitched.

I have to pretend that nothing's just happened.

"The pizza came really quick so here it is." 'Spencer' sat down next to me and opened the cardboard box.
"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost, you're in a weird daze." He waved a hand in front of my face and I nodded.

"I'm fine. Just very hungry." I smiled at him whilst picking up a slice and taking a bite.

----------------
I feel like it's been ages. Anyway there are 4 chapters left, be prepared

Amelia🌺

Also, please tell others about this book if you feel they'd enjoy it, it'd really make my day if there were a few more readers💜