•Quince•

Idk if I've said this but thank you for 1k💜✨ Also I tried to make a cute edit☝🏽but it kinda flopped

-couple weeks later-
//Ethan//

I still can't get over what mom told me. This whole undercover business was meant to be temporary, only for a year and a bit. But now, it's almost permanent. I can't go back home until I'm 30.

I've tried blocking it out my head but it's hard. Sure the life here I have is brilliant but I miss my family.

I've been grumpy ever since I found out. Kenzie and the others have been putting up with my grumpy self for too long so now I'm going to try and have a good time.

"Ooh I like this." Kenzie ran over to a jacket and the girls followed.
"I hate shopping. Especially with these lot. It's ok if it's me and Trinity bit even then it's boring." Jax crossed his arms and sighed.
"Should we get food?" Zander asked, also fed up.
"Yes please. I'm starving." Reece started to fake cry.
"Guys, we're going to get food." I shouted over to the girls. They all looked up at us like meerkats, said something to each other then ran over to us.
"We want food too." Joyce frowned
"Fine come on but walk quick, I don't want to faint from hunger." Reece said over dramatically.

They picked a random burger place and we all sat down and ordered.
"How much have you bought so far because by the looks of it, you brought the whole shop." I laughed as I looked at how many bags Mackenzie had.
"It's not THAT much." She shrugged
"Hmm ok." I wrapped my arm around arm shoulders.
"Babe! I wasn't flirting with him."
"Oh sure you weren't. You say that every time."
"Ugh, because I'm telling the truth."
The couple in the booth behind us were causing a scene, making us all laugh.
"Someone's jealous." Joyce chuckled.

Our food arrived and Kenzie took a cute selfie of the two of us and posted it.
"We're the hottest couple on this planet." I said pinching a few of her fries.
"What about Justin and Selena? They're two of the hottest people on this planet so therefore they are the hottest couple"
"They're not together though."
"What about Gigi and Zayn?"
"I get your point, just try and be cute, I know it's hard for you." I sassed with a laugh.
She pouted and I kissed her, causing the table to give a mixed response of 'aws' and 'ews'.
"Stop saying ew Jax it's adorable." Trinity hit his arm.
"But she's my baby sister."
"There's a years difference between us, I'm not such a baby." Mack huffed.

We were all having a good time until my phone started ringing.
I looked at the caller ID, Grayson.
"Uhh guys could you excuse me for a sec."
I scooted out of the booth and walked away a bit so they couldn't hear me.

"Hi Gray."
"Hey E. Did mom tell you the news?"
"Yes, sadly."
"Don't they understand how hard it is for us? I can't do this much longer. I miss you so much."
"Life here is good but it's not the same without you. Let's hope everything works out very soon."
"I hope so. This is too much of a stru- I've got to go, my friends are at my door."
"Ok, bye Grayson."
"Bye Ethan." He ended the call and I sat down on a random seat.

Flashback

This is it. The last time I'll see my family in god knows how long. Yeah I would miss my parents but they got me and Gray into this mess, it's hard to appreciate them.
I'd hugged everyone I needed to, except Gray.
"This is weird. I never though I'd be saying goodbye to my twin brother like this." I chuckled, a few warm tears rolled down my cheeks.
"I don't wanna do this. Fuck! Doesn't anyone know how torturous this is." Grayson's knuckles were turning white as he clenched his fists.
"I'm going to miss you so much. This isn't fare at all. Call me every chance you get. Tell me everything that happens with you. Be good lil bro." I pulled him in for the tightest hug I've ever given.
"You're only older by 20 minutes." Grayson laughed through the tears
"Come on boys, you'll be late for your flights." Mom walked over to us and tried to pry us apart but she couldn't.
"Don't let go please." My words were inaudible but Grayson knew what I was saying.
"I have to. Ethan this isn't good bye. We'll see each other again. I love you."
"But it is goodbye. We're not going to see each other for months and months on end, maybe even longer."
"Ethan. Stop. This is a see you later." We pulled apart from the hug.
"See you later bro, I love you too."
That was it. We parted ways. He went to the other end of the airport.

"Are you ok there mister?" I focused again and saw two little boys looking up at me with the same concerned face.

"Huh oh yeah I'm fine." I realised I was crying a bit so I wiped the tears away.

"My name's Jack and this is my twin brother Leo. But I'm older." Jack stuck his hand out and I shook it.
"Leo stop being shy!" Jack pushed his twin and he pushed him back, making me laugh.

"Yay you smiled! What's your name?" Leo asked.

I thought about it, considering I have two names. "My name's Ethan."

"I have a friend called Ethan. He stuck a pound coin up his nose on the last day of school and had to go to A & E." Jack laughed hysterically.

"Boys! Leave the young man alone." The mother of Jack and Leo walked over to us. "Sorry about them, they're chatty little things." She held both of their hands, one in each and gave me an apologetic smile.
"It's fine. I was like Jack and my twin brother is a bit like Leo." I smiled back at the lady.
"Sorry again." She said a bit flustered.
"It's truly fine." I bent down to their hight, "be good kids. Make the most of time together because you never know what might end up happening. Also, make sure Ethan doesn't do anything silly again." I gave to two boys a high five and watched them and their mom walk off.

I decided I best get back to the others.
"Where were you? I was starting to think you'd done a runner." Kenzie kissed me several times when I sat down and I pulled her into me.
"No no I'm not leaving. My mom called just to ask about something. She's cleaning my room." I came up with a rubbish excuse but pulled it off well.
"Oh, ok. Let's finish shopping guys!" She shouted a bit too loud causing people to look at us.
The boys groaned making me laugh.

----------------
5 chapters left.
I repeat.
5 chapters left.

Amelia 🍇