Somehow I'll make a Wolf outta You - Isaac

"Umph!" Your eyes went wide as you fell to the mat again, your breath being knocked out of you. Well, as much breath as you still had at this point.

Derek was pissed off at the world today, for who knows what reason, and you and Isaac kept exchanging looks every time he said, "Again!" As soon as one of you took the other down, sometimes letting out a growl of frustration.

As a result, you were both heaving just to get in any semblance of oxygen, and if that wasn't enough, Derek's attitude made you wonder if one of these breaths would be your last. If looks could kill.....

"God, just.... Just take a break, you two. I'm sorry," Derek began to mutter, slamming the door open to the balcony before going outside.

You collapsed with a sigh onto the mat, practically a puddle of limbs, Isaac leaning against the pillar, laughing lightly at you.

"Wuss," he breathed, and you lifted one hand limply, waving it in the air in a mock swipe of claws, letting out a half hearted, "Grrrrr," making you both laugh. Well, as much as you could, more like breathy, wheezing sounds resembling some sort of amusement.

You sat up on your elbows and watched him sink down to the floor, using the pillar at his back for support. Your arms were shaking in your effort to support yourself.

"You remember that movie we watched last week?" You groaned as he tossed you a bottle of water, the impact of catching it nothing short of excruciating.

He knit his eyebrows together as he took a long swig of his own water before nodding. "Mulan? Yeah."

"Well, all this," you used an index finger to gesture to the mats, then between you and him, before holding it up in the air. "One second. I can't do this anymore. It hurts." You collapsed to your back, your shaky elbows giving way, and you moaned as Isaac laughed.

Rolling over to your belly you attempted to crawl, but were practically dragging yourself, over to the pillar, bumping him gently so you could each share half of the same side. He grumbled about, 'Get your own', but obliged, and you relaxed back beside him.

"Anyway," you sighed in relief at the cold stone behind you. "It reminds me of that training camp song, you know the one where he is pissed and then finally at the very end they are all kick ass?"

Isaac had been sipping his water, nodding along, and at the last word, he spit it out with a laugh.

You grinned. "I mean, we are already kick ass, so, I don't know where else we can go from here."

"Yeah. So kick ass you can't even get your own side of the pillar," he mumbled with a smile.

You bumped him with your shoulder and he groaned, you winced, and you both fell to your respective sides, crumpled on the floor in laughing, moaning messes. "We're roommates. We share, okay? You know you love me," you wheezed out.

"Break's over! Get your asses off the floor and do it again!" Derek said, barging back into the room off the balcony.

Moaning, you both rose to your feet, every muscle feeling just as heavy as before, but the atmosphere significantly lighter. Isaac offered you a hand, and you took it, rising from the pillar. "Come on, Roomie. We have work to do."

You both grinned and walked over to the mat, ignoring Derek's odd looks.

After you took down Isaac, you got an idea.

Slowly circling one another, he got a jump on you, and took you down. Ignoring his outstretched hand, you popped back up and began humming the beginning of the song. Isaac looked confused, then he had to stifle back laughter as you both began circling again.

"What the hell?" Derek asked? "Are you humming?"

"Yes, Derek. It helps me think."

Isaac lost it, and bent over at his waist, resting on his knees for just a moment, calling for a quick timeout.

Derek eyed you both as he went to the kitchen while you both took swigs of water.

"Do you have a death wish?" Isaac asked, still chuckling.

"So are you saying you're not going to sing, too?" You asked, eyes wide in mock dread.

He smirked. "Of course I am. But still.... He's gonna kill us."

You laughed as Derek came back in, schooling your features into a scowl, and watching Isaac do the same, one eyebrow cocked his only giveaway.

Soon, he began humming where you had left off, and Derek eyed him with a raised eyebrow.

You both started humming it together, even through takedowns and dodges, punches and kicks, even pinning the other down.

"Both of you stop humming. It's weird," Derek said angrily.

You both nodded, exchanging a look as you both started singing the chorus softly as you circled.

"We must be swift as a coursing river."

"What the-" Derek looked between you two.

"With all the force of a great typhoon." Both of you sang a little louder.

"Stop-"

"With all the strength of a raging fire." You were practically just yelling now, both of you grinning madly.

"I-"

"Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!"

"Is..... Is that from the movie we watched last week?" Derek's voice was menacing, putting it together.

You both nodded, Isaac starting to motion for you to stop, but you shook your head. "And we haven't even gotten to the best part."

Isaac looked at you questioningly, both of you standing still on the mat now.

"Derek's solo." You smiled proudly as you belted, "Somehow I'llllllllll make a wooooollllllllf outta yoooooooou!" You imitated a howl at the very end and Isaac fell to the floor laughing.

One quick look at Derek and your face turned to stone. "Isaac? Isaac get up."

"Why?" One quick look at Derek and he was on his feet.

Derek's eyes were glowing red, and he was huffing, trying to keep from shifting.

"Run," you whispered to Isaac, making your way to the loft door, sliding it open, and scrambling down the stairs. Sharing a look, you both snickered and began to sing the song loudly once again as you heard Derek's voice bouncing off the walls behind you.

"IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP- YOU'RE DEAD. I'LL GUT YOU LIKE FISHES! OH MY GOD, STOP LAUGHING! SHUT THE HELL UP! I SWEAR TO GOD!"

You ran smack into Peter who looked behind you quizzically.

"Hey, Peter!" you said.

"Bye, Peter!" Isaac added as the two of you pushed past him, laughing again when you heard his cry of..

"What did you two do now?!"

Word count: 1102