FIVE

QUINTON

I pulled up to Dex house hopping he was inside. This nigga stayed on the go so there's no telling where he would be.

I knocked on the door hopping to get an answer. Seconds later, Dex swung the door open greeting me.

"What's up?" I said walking pass him and to the sofa.

I took my hat from my head rubbing my fade.

"You good son? You look like you got shit on your mind." He asked sitting across from me.

"Nah I'm good but I needed to ask you something." I started..

Dex sat up. "I'm listening"

I was going to ask him did he know a Kylie but I felt as if it was too soon to bring her up.

"Uhmm, you been by the club today? I had got a call saying some shit went down. Crack heads hanging out by my shit again." I laughed as I tried to cover up my bullshit question.

"That ain't what you wanted. I know better. What's up man, I'm your boy. You can talk to me." Dex said taking a serious tone.

"Nah its just that I met this girl and--"

"You feelin' her?" He smirked.

"Well a little. Since shit went sour with Monica I gave up hope with that feelings shit but man.. I'm not sure at this point." I said as I thought about the affect she had on me.

"How long you knew her? Where you met this chick at anyway?"

"We been talking for some days. I think its just lust though man. I met her at Zips the second night of its opening."

"Yo' chill bro. Get to know shawty. Don't be head over hills for her now cause later you might get let down. Let shit fall into place man. But what's her name?"

"Kylie.. Kylie uhhh." My mind dragged as I noticed I didn't even know her last name.

"Dude!" Dex fell into deep laughter. "You don't even know shorty. Man you tweaking bro!"

"Ight fool. Chill out, I just said that I'm feeling her." I said embarrassed from his reaction.

"You think she dig you, slime?"

I lifted my eyebrow. That was a good question.

"I'll have to get back at you with the answer because I do not know." I said thinking. "I gave her a key and told her fall through my spot tonight."

"You really tweaking my dude. Call that broad up. Go get your shit. She could be fucking 12, man. Quuuu" Dex shook his head..

I sucked my teeth and waved him off. I stood from the sofa. I was sick of Dex overreacting.

"Good talking to you bro. I gotta go." I dapped him.

"Yeah you gotta go get your key before she be laying over you with a Mac in your face." He joked.

***********************

KYLIE

I went home to take me a relaxing bath. I filled the tub with bubbles placing my body into the scorching hot water. My pores thickened and that satisfying chill waved over me.

"This just what I needed." I said closing my eyes as I sat back and relaxed.

My Pandora played, candles burned as I soaked in the moment. I didn't remove the water from the tub until my skin was as a raisin.