TWELVE

KYLIE

I decided to show my face at the cook out for my job. I was on edge about it but I sucked it up and came anyway. I missed everyone. I haven't been to work in a whole week because I needed time for my face to heal.

"Hey Andrew." I told my co worker.

"Where you been Miss thang!"

"Girl, out. I had personal issues."

"Well I'm glad-- owe." Andrew sipped his drink.

"What?"

"Look at that fine sexy piece of work"

"Quinton?" I called.

Andrew gave me a look. "You know him?"

"He's my boy-- yeah I know him. Excuse me." I walked off.

I saw him holding at least three dozen of flowers and boy they were beautiful.

"Kylie, we need to talk."

"We have nothing to discuss." I folded my arms.

"Hear me out. Please."

He handed me the flowers. "For you." He said.

I held back my smile because I was still a bit upset but the flowers were gorgeous. I wanted to hear this.

Quinton pulled a piece of folded paper from his pocket.

"Oh my." I said.

By this time a crowd gathered and we had a lot of people's attention.

Quinton began to read...

"We all make mistakes, true enough. Some bigger than others. But if you were to leave me and never return, my heart would crash and burn. Kylie, I love you. You know that's true. Since you walked away my whole life has turned blue. If you let me make it up to you, I vow to stay true."

My heart dropped. I couldn't do anything but pull him into a hug as he lifted his head from the paper.

"Come here." I kissed him.

"That's not it." He pulled a black box from his pocket.

Inside was a beautiful sterling silver necklace with a K with diamonds inside of it.

"Qu, you didn't have to do all this for me."

"Kylie I'll give you the world if I could. You deserve it for putting up with my ways."

The crowd cheered and clapped. My eyes filled with tears but Qu wiped them away and gave me another kiss.

"Let's get out of here."

Later that night we went home and made incredible love. I rolled over and kissed his cheek.

"Move in with me."

"Qu.. I can't."

"What's stopping you?"

"We still have a lot to work out. You may have a possible baby and you know what you out here doing in the streets."

"I'll get a DNA test as soon as she has it and once I get my money where it needs to be then I'm out the business."

"I want a family one day and I want to be the only one who has kids by you."

"What I'm saying is that I can't deal with another woman."

"You won't."

"Yeah.. Of course."

"Move in with me."