EIGHTEEN

Three months later..

KYLIE

Everything was back to normal.. Well, everything is finally normal. I couldn't be any happier about life.

Quinton finally left the streets alone and ZIPS, the baby and I were his only concern and I loved it. Things were turning around for us.

"I'll be downstairs waiting on the sofa bae." Qu whispered on my neck as he stood behind me holding my hips.

"I just need to make sure my hair is straight."

"You're beautiful, come on." Qu said leading me down the stairs and into our new Mercedes truck.

Today was a couples picnic. Rachel and Dex are now a thing and it just ties everything together. My friends Rachel and Teeka and Qu's friends Dex and JT were joining us at the park today and so was Quinton's aunt, Sandra Dee.

This is the only family I have and I loved them all to death. We pulled up and jumped out the car to see everything having a good time. The smell of barbecue hit my nose and we were thirty feet away!

I forgot to mention that I was now three months and two weeks pregnant. Next doctors visit we would be finding out the sex of our baby.

"Hey Ky!" Rachel squealed as she saw me.

"Hey bae." Teeka spoke all softly as she rubbed my stomach.

"Hey girl." I said.

"I was speaking to the baby." She laughed.

I spoke to everyone and gave Sandra a bear hug. She has really grown to be some what of a mother figure to me. Something I've never had but longed for.

QUINTON

"What you waitin' for, man? Go over and ask." Dex pressured.

"Nigga did I pressure you to spit game at Rachel?" I joked.

"Uhh, fuckin' right!" We all laughed.

"Well getting a female's number is nothing like asking one to marry you." I explained.

I see myself spending the rest of my days with Kylie. The day I seen her was the day I knew I'd love her forever. I wouldn't hold off any longer with asking for her hand in marriage.

I looked at her afar as she chatted with her friends while sipping a soda.

As soon as I saw her sitting and eating alone, I knew this was my chance. I had only told my slimes because I knew Rachel and Teeka's big mouth asses would spoil it.

"Hey Kylie." I spoke shyly.

I swear she made me feel as if I was back in middle school asking for chicks numbers. That's how I knew I loved her. Nobody could ever make me feel how she has.

"Hey baby, what's up."

"Oh nothing. You having a good time?" I asked stalling around.

"Yeah. I can't get my mind off tomorrow. I'm so ready to know what we're having. I'm praying for me a baby girl." She yelled in excitement.

"A lil Kylie? Oh no. Its enough dealing with you." I smiled.

"Awe, you love me boy." She nugged at me.

"Its something I've been wanting to ask you."

"Yeah, what is it Qu?" She looked me in the eyes. Got damn she was beautiful.

I swallowed my pride, threw away the nervous Quinton and maned up and brought myself down to one knee.

Kylie's mouth fell open. I heard my aunt from behind me screaming, "Oh my god, somebody get the camera!"

I smiled at Kylie's reaction. She was already in tears.

I pulled the black box from my pocket and Kylie really got excited.

"Quinton, nooo. Oh my god." She smiled covering her lips.

"Oh yeah baby." I laughed. "Kylie, I love you. It's clear to see I'll go to war with god or anyone out here for you. Since I've met you, I really have become a man. I can honestly say you've changed me. It took all my life for me to learn how to be a man and just after being with you for up to seven months, you've taught me how. You have taught me a lot, actually. You taught me how to love after being hurt, how to appreciate obvious miracles I've been given and how go after what I want no matter how hard the task is. You're the reason I have any confidence now days. I never had a family, Kylie. And in a few months, your getting ready to give me that. I could not ask for more than i already have. My life-- I mean our life's wouldn't be complete if I didn't pop the big question right here.. right now. So here goes nothing.

I opened the box, exposing the ring. Tears filled Kylie's face even more.

"Will you marry me?" I asked. My heart raced!

She nodded trying to hold back anymore tears. "Yes. Of course I'll marry you." She giggled as she cleared the tears from her cheeks.

I slid the Prince's cut ring onto Kylie's left ring finger, stood to my feet and gave her a big wet one.

"I love you." I said in between kisses.

"I love you more Quinton, dammit." She laughed.

Muy apology for any misspelled words or errors.

Don't forget to vote!!