ELEVEN

QUINTON

Days later...

I ruined everything. Kylie will never talk to me again. And this time, the flowers, dinner or none of that was working. I stopped by her job looking for her and they told me she's been out sick. Im knowing why she hasn't been showing up so I feel so guilty! When I make this right, I'm holding on to her.

What have I done? I had to get her back.

I rode in the car with JT and Dex depressed as shit.

"You buggin' Q. Kylie gone come around." JT said.

"Man, I put my hands on her. She never forgiving me."

Dex slapped me upside the head. "What the fuck is wrong with you."

"Fuck you dawg, watch the rode." I spat.

"You gotta be shittin me. You hit the girl?"

"Shit was crazy. My reflexes were tingling after me hit me man."

"Yo, you fucked up." Jt spoke up. "She hasn't even been answering for her best friends so I know she's hurt."

"Y'all gotta help me out. I gotta go get her back." I said. "But how?"

"Tomorrow is a memorial day barbecue for her job at the park. Go down there and say some shit to her." JT said.

"That's a good idea." Dex added in.

"Think I should buy her a nevklace and flowers?"

"Perfect. Do that."

"Yeah, she'll like that. You know she's into writing poems and stuff so do some shit like that." Jt said.

"Would you write Teeka a poem if you had to?"

"No because she doesn't like that. Look I'm just trying to help." He threw his hands up.

"Ill think about it. But aye man drop me off at the crib."

**************

I got out the car at my house and walked up the stairs. I miss holding Kylie. I fuck up a good thing every time.

I got on Facebook to see she changed her relationship status to single. A bunch of niggas was flocking over her.

At first I was angry that I had to purchase another iPhone 6s plus but I didn't care. I just wanted my girl back at this point.

I had already called the flower shop and ordered up some white roses for tomorrow. I went into my office room and pulled out a piece of paper.

I sat down and begin writing a poem..

"We all make mistakes, true enough. Some bigger than others. But if you were to leave me and never return, my heart would crash and burn. Kylie, I love you. You know that's true. Since you walked away my whole life has turned blue. If you let me make it up to you, I vow to stay true."

It was corny as hell but sometimes corny is good. I'm no writing and she'll understand hopefully. At this point, I didn't give a fuck. I just wanted Kylie.

Memorial day..

I never in my life had this feeling. Not even when I caught my first body. Today was the day and it was all or nothing.

I picked up the flowers and went and got the customized necklace. I had the poem stuffed in my pocket.

I pulled up to the park and it was hundreds of people. The whole damn hospital had to be there.

I got out my car looking for my baby's face. I began to worry that she wasn't even here.

"Quinton?" I heard a sweet voice say.