SEVENTEEN

QUINTON

I'm twenty four and I've been hustling since I was fourteen. I saved every penny I had since then. I knew i had no one to look after me or a trust fund somewhere stashed away so i had to serve a purpose in these streets.Today was the day I'll use every bit of what I have to get my heart back. I had four hours to get my baby Kylie back and I was at $497,998.00. I sat on the bed with the money in front of me thinking of a plan. With just a few hours to spare, I needed to think fast.

Every thing and every one I ever cared about, I seemed to push them away. I'm holding on to this girl though. It was my fault she was being held for ransom so I had to fix this. I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if something was to happen to her.

Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head. I knew just the way to scrap up some legal, fast cash. ZIPS.

*******************

Tonight I was charging $20.00 for females and $25.00 for guys to get in the club. The demand was up. My place was the hottest spot and the whole Atlanta was coming out regardless of the entry fee. Celebrities came through tipping extra just so. I knew I'll have more than enough money.

I checked out bezel and it read 11:00. I had an hour to get this money counted and brought over to the canal on the other side of town. I got Winston to watch the door while Dex and I got the money machines ready.

After about twenty minutes of counting, I was $4.37 short. I shook my head at my damn self.

"Damn nigga. Here's $5.00. Now go get my in law back." Dex laughed to brighten up the moment.

"I got you. Remember, if I'm not back in ten minutes after the meeting you spin around the block." I assured him.

"Ight, get outta' here before you're late."

I took off in my car with the money and a gun stuffed in my pants. It was no turning back.

************************

11:58, MLK Canal..

I walked up with the duffle over my shoulder prepared for whatever. My hands tingled and my heart softened when my eyes landed on Kylie.

"And I though old Qu wouldn't show.." The guy spoke.

"Kylie babe, you straight?" I yelled.

"Yeah bae. I'm good." She said all worn down.

Some guy had a tight grip on my girl's arm. I wasn't pleased with the sight at all. Kylie looked as if she wasn't being feed, bathed or anything. No telling what condition she was in. But it didn't matter after tonight because they were all going to pay.

"You got my money, man?" Guss said folding his arms.

I pulled the duffle from my shoulder. "Fifty g's like promised."

"Pass it over."

"Nah, let her walk."

"Okay. Cool." He threw Kylie by the arm.

I walked in closer and tossed the duffle. But not all the way over. As Kylie came crashing into me, I kissed her lips as if it was the first and last time we'll share the moment.

"Go." I mumbled to her.

She took off and I removed my gun and started blasting.

Shooting three guys in the chest, head and shoulder, I run to the side dodging bullets as I reached for the bag. Rounds flew over my head as I ducked but still sent out shots.

All three guys fell into the canal as blood leaked from their lifeless bodies.

*fire,fire,fire,fire*

I ducked running off the bridge steps. This nigga Guss had no aim.

He threw his gun and began walking my direction.

"I'm all out of bullets. Come and face me like a man." He yelled pulling off his shirt.

I checked the time. "Perfect." I smirked as I uttered to myself.

I placed my gun and duffle down as I walked towards him.

"You took my brother from me."

"He took his mother fucking self. Its all a part of the game my man. Play with fire get burned. But we didn't come to talk, did we? Here I am. Go with your move!" I said.

I looked over his shoulder to see Dex slowly walking up.

"Right on time." I smiled.

Guss pulled out his gun. But before he could ease his index to pull the trigger, Dex shot him in the back, head and leg causing him to fall to his knees.

I walked over and stood over him. I looked deep into his eyes as they lost focus and he took his last gasp of air. I sightly pushed his body over and he flopped into the water joining the rest of his gang.

"Where's Kylie?" I asked Dex as I snapped out of my deep gaze.

"In the car with JT. We gotta get out of here." Dex yelled pulling me by the shirt.

"Wait."

I ran back for the duffle and grabbed the gun.

When I got into the car, I think I kissed Kylie all over a million times. I said a prayer and thanked god. I could've lost my girl and the beautiful seed she was carrying.

"Remember the promise, right?" She asked into my eyes.

"You need not to worry. We gone be straight." I said as I gave her one more hug.

I just could not believe we made it through yet another drastic and tragic matter.

Leave comments and votes...