Chapter Seventeen

Omniscient

All morning, Naiya wore a frown on her face. The events of last night with Dayna hung in the back of her mind. She honestly couldn't see herself wearing a smile at all today simply because the idea of kissing, let alone marrying Keon, made her sick. And then she had to go on vacation with him tomorrow? Shanelle and Brianna tried to get it out of her what was wrong but Naiya barely even said good morning to them today. There was no way they would get her to budge. Dayna came into Naiya's suite with a swollen nose courtesy of Naiya. Seeing her almost made Naiya smile.

"What happened to your mouth?" Brianna asked as Dayna sat her make-up and small mirror down on the coffee table. Naiya was a few inches away getting her hair and make-up done.

Dayna quickly glanced Naiya's way but looked away, "Fell in the shower."

"Oh...and your eye...is that a black eye?"

"I'm fine."

"It looks pretty bad-"

"I'm fine Brianna. Damn."

Brianna and Shanelle looked at each other and then at Dayna again. "Oooookay? I'm sorry..."

"It's fine just drop it."

Naiya couldn't help but smirk to herself, proud that she was the reason to Dayna's face and anger right now. Her smirk was still present long enough for Brianna to see it. Last night was the last straw with Dayna. Throwing in her face that she had been with Keon only made Naiya feel like she wasn't good enough even if the marriage was just for show and not actually real. She knew that without a doubt, Keon would be pissed at her. Not for hitting Dayna but because Naiya allowed her to get to her. She prayed no one brought it up later around him because with her disgust for him right now, she really didn't want an argument to get her even more riled up. Speaking of Dayna's comments about her and Keon being together, earlier this morning Naiya called downstairs to the front desk to make sure they had mailed the envelope she gave them. They assured her that the mail carrier picked it up and that it would be rush delivered for two day shipping. It was official. She had officially committed to Spelman College. She would be there with Tyler right across the street at Morehouse. Who knows? Maybe with them going to school so close, something might stir up between them. Naiya honestly just wanted things to flow nicely. Including today.

Keon paced his hotel suite bedroom rubbing his chin hair, looking aimlessly at the floor below him. His best man, Kyle, and two groomsmen Brendan and Torrence were sitting on the couch in the living room area watching him through the open doorway. They looked at one another in concern and then at the groom who was missing his tuxedo jacket. He was really about to get married. Though it was not real to him or his family, it was real to everyone else and the state of Georgia. As of yesterday morning, Keon Wyatt and Naiya Parker turned into the Wyatts whether they liked it or not. But it didn't actually hit him until he was putting on his suspenders just fifteen minutes ago that he was someone's husband. There was an entire plan in effect to get rid of this marriage but it didn't erase the nerves going on in Keon's mind. If he was nervous, he knew damn well Naiya was beyond that point and was probably climbing up a wall trying to get away from this. He just hoped that their plan went well without any disruptions.

"Keon we gotta-" Brendan started to say only to be stopped by Kyle who simply raised his hand and shook his head.

"He can't hear you." Kyle stated. He nodded to the bedside lamp in Keon's bedroom. On there were Keon's hearing aids. "He took his aids out."

Keon closed his eyes and released a breath he had been holding. He then made his way over to the chair in front of his barber who was waiting with clippers in his hand. Just as he took a seat, he received a text from Brianna saying that Dayna had a black eye and busted lip as if someone had hit her, though she claimed to had fallen. Keon texted her back with a simple "So", to which Brianna texted back saying that Naiya had a bit of a smirk on her face and that Dayna wouldn't stop looking at her, which led her to believe that Naiya did it. Keon felt a mix of two emotions.